No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish i could answer that, but no matter how hard i try i can't see the logic behind some of what they do. There's def some odd plays going on, not nearly as blatant as CARB but iffy enough to weaken the legitimate things they do.
    But I do enjoy the Cuyahoga river being clean enough to swim in, clean enough to fish. Back in the day this river caught on fire, on multiple occasions.
    Take the good with the bad I guess.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
    If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

^
      Sig
      sigpic

Comment

Glad you got a kick out of it. :)

There have reportedly been at least thirteen fires on the Cuyahoga River, the first occurring in 1868.[12] The largest river fire in 1952 caused over $1 million in damage to boats and a riverfront office building.[13] Fires erupted on the river several more times before June 22, 1969, when a river fire captured the attention of Time magazine, which described the Cuyahoga as the river that "oozes rather than flows" and in which a person "does not drown but decays."
        kind of silly how bad it got, the wiki is surprisingly entertaining in a trainwreck sort of way
        sigpic
        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I'll just leave this here herb...

oh and this....

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I'll just leave this here from another thread. Applies here and every other GW thread to date. It's never been answered..still waiting
            Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            Can you please post the evidence? I'd love to read it. And by evidence, I don't mean a Breitbart editorial agreeing with a retired weatherman's opinion. I mean peer reviewed, scientific data, or article from a reputable scientific publication or source. Still waiting. Take your time.
            sigpic

Comment

well herb, the fact your peer reviewed science hasn't predicted reality doesn't matter i suppose does it? no global warming (in fact slight cooling) for the past 11 years, no disappearing glaciers etc don't matter. the fact we'ver had less extreme weather doesn't matter.

Those Via Meadia readers old enough to remember Hurricane Katrina can no doubt remember the many moralizing predictions of smug and condescending green climate hacktivists that followed: global warming was going to mean more hurricanes and bigger ones.  Our coasts were toast; it was baked in the cake.  The rising sea level combined with the …

November 28, 2011
              Weather, Not Climate
              Those Via Meadia readers old enough to remember Hurricane Katrina can no doubt remember the many moralizing predictions of smug and condescending green climate hacktivists that followed: global warming was going to mean more hurricanes and bigger ones. Our coasts were toast; it was baked in the cake. The rising sea level combined with the inexorably rising number of major hurricanes were going to knock the climate skeptics out of the park.

Well, no. Andrew Revkin has called attention to this post from Roger Pielke’s blog which shows that as of today it has been 2,226 days since the last major hurricane (Category 3 or higher) hit the US mainland. Unless a big hurricane hits this winter, it means we are on track to break a 100 year record for the longest gap between major hurricanes hitting the coast. (The last Big Calm was between 1900 and 1906.)

For those of you who are confused, let me remind you: the only meteorological phenomena that count are the ones that confirm the climate alarmist case. It doesn’t matter what it is — drought, flood, blizzard, heat wave — if it can be made to support fear about the climate, it matters and it needs to be thoroughly analyzed and widely publicized.

Meteorological phenomena that, to the unsophisticated, might appear to undermine the case that WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE if we don’t immediately pass a stringent carbon treaty, are meaningless and should be ignored.

A spate of hurricanes is climate; an absence of big storms is weather. The absence of any major hurricanes for six years is a meaningless phenomenon; should a couple of big ones hit in any given year, then every editorial page in the country will fill with hand wringing, dire warning and I told you so.

And remember, the science is settled. Anybody who asks how many of the climate change models predicted this absence of major hurricane events in the US six years ago is a vicious climate denier, is funded by the oil companies, and should be dealt with by the usual methods.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

More Global Warming News...

The Himalayas and nearby peaks have lost no ice in past 10 years, study shows

Earth's Polar Ice Melting Less Than Thought
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Its a evil Republican conspiracy to continue polluting and destroying the earth in pursuit of nothing but profit.

Save the polar bears
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

"The new data does not mean that concerns about climate change are overblown in any way. It means there is a much larger uncertainty in high mountain Asia than we thought. Taken globally all the observations of the Earth's ice – permafrost, Arctic sea ice, snow cover and glaciers – are going in the same direction."

^Necessary for those of you who'd read this and conclude "see, I knew GW was bullshit"

Anyone who thinks it's a clear cut case, whatever the conclusion, is only able to do so by turning a blind eye to evidences which are contrary to those which side with the more favorable conclusion for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      Taken globally all the observations of the Earth's ice – permafrost, Arctic sea ice, snow cover and glaciers – are going in the same direction."

Yes its been trending over the very long term that same direction for the last 12,000 years, with a few centuries/decades/years, that buck that trend. 12,000 years ago much of the northern hemisphere was under a mile (1.38km) + of fucking ICE. Earth had to warm to get rid of that shit right.

Oh wait I forgot I turned over a new leaf, Save the earth Green energy, stop the drilling, stop the pipeline, Wind mills will make it all better, I am going prius shopping tomorrow
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Our current ice age and past periods of glaciation are entirely different beasts than the effects some attribute to pollution. You seem to be trying to use the effects of one as an argument against the other, they're completely different entities and while they are correlated they need to be approached, researched and understood separately. I question your ability to do that with the arguments you use.

Comment

I am sorry common sense confuses you.

NO SHIT THEY ARE NOT ONE IN THE SAME EVENT. Its a vast generalization to show that the earth has been much colder in the not so distant past. And got warmer all by itself. In doing so, it should get one to think and a least consider the possibility that there is nothing we can do to stop it and its just part of life. To think we have any significant effect on the global ave mean temp of the earth through the emission of very small amounts of a trace atmospheric gas that makes up less than .02% (IIRC) of the gas bubble surrounding this ball of dirt is the definition of arrogant. When a good volcanic eruption will pour as much of that gas into the bubble as all of man kind though out history. Also a gas that pants need to make the shit ween need to live. ugghhhhhh I am so sick of this

FUCK

I forgot again.......................

I think I am going to get a Dark colored prius, so I wont have to run the heaters as much to keep the cabin warm during the winter and I am going to ride my bike to work in the summer

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

I think I am going to get a Dark colored prius, so I wont have to run the heaters as much to keep the cabin warm during the winter and I am going to ride my bike to work in the summer
                            thats like....soo...like....righteous.....like....yeah.. ..ima vegan..

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

NO SHIT THEY ARE NOT ONE IN THE SAME EVENT. Its a vast generalization to show that the earth has been much colder in the not so distant past. And got warmer all by itself. In doing so, it should get one to think and a least consider the possibility that there is nothing we can do to stop it and its just part of life. To think we have any significant effect on the global ave mean temp of the earth through the emission of very small amounts of a trace atmospheric gas that makes up less than .02% (IIRC) of the gas bubble surrounding this ball of dirt is the definition of arrogant

FUCK

I forgot again.......................

You go from saying "consider the possibility" as to give the guise that you are willing to consider the opposing view to saying the research done by accredited individuals at some of the most prestigious institutions is the definition of arrogance all in one paragraph. Who's the arrogant one?

Hold one while the horse catches up to the cart

Comment

Yeah like east Anglia right???

Follow the money,

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X