Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is what my supersprint sounds like on track with a stock engine:

Comment

I think I need to ditch the dynomax super turbo and check out the super sprint.

Can you get just the muffler? The exhaust system is kinda pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmac11 View Post
        I think I need to ditch the dynomax super turbo and check out the super sprint.

Can you get just the muffler? The exhaust system is kinda pricey.
        Unfortunately not - you have to buy the complete kit they sell.
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

And you're in luck - Turner just listed their 318is super sprint exhausts at 25% off. Get on this deal!

Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Definitely have to keep an eye out for that 50% off. I have always wanted a Supersprint setup, but no way in fck I am gonna pay $750 for that. Let us know if it comes back, please!
            My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Why is that exhaust squished in the middle? If i bought an exhaust that was squished like that id send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                Why is that exhaust squished in the middle? If i bought an exhaust that was squished like that id send it back.
                It's made like this to give more clearance underneath around the rear subframe.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                  It's not like the M42 even needs 2.25" piping, so the flattened area probably hurts nothing.

Comment

I just posted an update to my saga on the Strogmund with ECS Magnaflow catalytic converter kit. An extra resonator or muffler in the middle is exactly what it needs if you are not running a restrictive stock catalytic converter.

Comment

This guy had a pretty great exhaust set up for the probably $100 he paid.

"Longest Magnaflow glass pack I could find, thrush turbo muffler. Stock cat and headers."

Comment

Glass packs aren't optimal unless you have the setup flanged for continual replacement. If I were building an M42 exhaust I'd get a Borla Pro XS and a 14-16" perforated resonator.

Comment

Supersprint for m42 318is is 15% off on ECS right now:

My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                            Supersprint for m42 318is is 15% off on ECS right now:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-superspr...uffler/783125/
                            Wait till the holidays. These go for 50% off around those times. I picked one up from ecs for $385 shipped

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                            '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                            '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

hi,

i just recently installed super sprint exhaust on my m40, (i bought the m42 for exhaust). should i consider to change my resonator and headers too? i was hoping to achieve a good exhaust system to have great sound from my muffler. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X