• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got this for free. Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      Loving the new wagon, rear wheel drive too?
      It's AWD. Totally necessary in UT. This year especially.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        We got some snow over the night.
        YESSSS!!!!! hah

NOOOOOO!!! haha

that wheel looks small.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          YESSSS!!!!! hah

NOOOOOO!!! haha

that wheel looks small.
          lol. Yeah it's been a winter wonderland these last two weeks. Like feet of snow, I've been ripping it. IX is such a boss.

The wheel is super small! It's for a side by side I think... Haha

Comment

I would stick with the m tech 1 wheel :p
            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
              I would stick with the m tech 1 wheel :p
              I am leaning that way too. It was free, so i'm unsure what to do with it. I've wanted a Renown wheel for a while so who knows... maybe i'll get the adapter to see if i even like it. It will help the steering ratio of the IX probably though.

The wheel seems to be a 13" wheel...

EDIT: the Renown Clubsport is a 330mm wheel which is basically the exact same wheel... hmmm

Comment

Momo Tuner [emoji87]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                "It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post
                  Momo Tuner [emoji87]

Honestly it looks closer to the Renown Clubsport.

Comment

Got the wagon tinted. None tinted cars are not for me. Especially a wagon where everyone can see what's in your trunk. I like how it turned out.

I'm also pretty sure in the parking lot the trunk next to me doored my car. I'm not positive, but I didn't notice the massive dent before I dropped off the car... They are going to look at the cameras.

It just sucks. You try to keep something nice and people, with zero integrity, seem to make things tough for you. This will be a pricey door ding because it's in the body line...

Comment

A good PDR guy will knock that dent right out for you no problem.
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        A good PDR guy will knock that dent right out for you no problem.
                        That makes me feel better. Didn't even know that was a thing.

Comment

That makes me feel better. Didn't even know that was a thing.

PDR is paintless dent repair and it blew my mind when I saw what some of these guys can do. See if the shop that did the tint have a PDR guy.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but I installed a new fuel pump last night.

My Walbro 255-lph was a giant pile of shit. I hated that fuel pump. Loud af in the summer, never could get it to keep a constant flow rate either. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't.

This wasn't the biggest of issues because the car still ran, albeit poorly and so i wasn't going to fix the pump if I didn't have to. Well the other day I started the car, gave it some gas and the car just died. I started to check everything in the car to see if it was spark, or air or what... turns out the pump just didn't want to work.

I gave it some time to recoup and it started and I drove home. seeing this as a foreshadowing of being stranded due to the failing pump I parked the car.

I ordered a TRE Performance fuel pump. I've only read good things about them. Having installed it last night, I would like to add to the good things about the pump.

First, it came way more complete than the Walbro pump. It came with two filters, new wires, clamps, orings, some weird straw thing, a sleeve for the pump, some rubber thing to put on the bottom of the pump, all packaged in a nice tidy little box.

Shipping took like a day or maybe two. Install was super easy, but granted I've been dealing with the shitty Walbro pump for a while and this has made me more than familiar with how to take the whole thing out.

I drove to work today and the difference is fantastic. Honestly, after my half day of experience with the pump I would recommend.

I should have taken pictures of how nice it all showed up, but I didn't have my phone on me while changing everything out...

Comment

How does yours start now? I've found that after switching from OEM to TRE it takes a few more turns of the motor for me. With oem it would kick on after two revolutions now it is like 7. Not sure if it doesn't like the prime or what.

"It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post
                                How does yours start now?
                                I would say it was a smoother turn over than with my Walbro (which I know didn't prime). Mine cranks once and fires on no issue.

I will say that although the Bentley claims the pump should prime in first position, a lot of people say theirs don't prime.

Could the FPR be the issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X