trying to start MAF kit Group Buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to start MAF kit Group Buy.

Its that kit, and if we can get 25 interested people the cost will be 560 per kit. That doesn't include shipping, but as you can see the normal retail is 865 dollars. the kit is for the m20 engine, and includes the Mass air flow sensor, wiring, installation instructions, arca2-a (or psc1-004) and ARM1. Anyhow. If we get the 25 people it will definatly be worth the cost IMO.

Good luck...

There aren't 5 people on this forum who have $560 to spend, much les 25.

Comment

Why not use one off of an M30? They're less than $100.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
        Exactly what I was hoping someone would figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
          Well probably because the M30 is an AFM... not a MAF.

apples and oranges
          kind of like
          sucking through a straw and sucking through a 12" diameter pipe....
          Below the radar...

Comment

That kit is $600 I'd try to do a group buy on it, a lot cheaper price to start with.
            Like i've said many times if someone is willing to do some tunning you can do a Maf kit for around $300-$400
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

well if someone was able enough to help me figure out how to put a kit like that together I would do it. :)

Comment

Pretty simple.
                Buy one of thesehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33557
                or an older version

A mustang 5.0 MAF or smaller

And some sort of air fuel ratio guage to be able to get the adjustments close

That's all you need the Air fuel ratio controller is the major part, the Apexi unit will work just fine. There are many other units on the market but the Apexi is about the cheapest.
                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

do you need the air/fuel controller for the M30 upgrade? Just wondering if I need to order one of those too.
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3
                    do you need the air/fuel controller for the M30 upgrade? Just wondering if I need to order one of those too.
                    No, you swap your M20 AFM electronics into the M30 AFM body, giving you the better flow w/out having to mess with AFR adjustments.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

....or you could opt for the split sencond kit that comes with the PSC not the ARC2. The PSC is more accurate than the ARC2 and you have a lot more control over the settings. The only benefit of the ARC2 is the on-the-fly adjustability. If you know someone with a laptop, or if you've got one of your own...the PSC is a way better and cheaper way to go.
                      - Jason

Comment

Working...
                      X