Moving to Colorado....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Colorado Springs seems to have a weird amount of crime, right? I really liked FT Collins, but all I did there was brewery-hop (which I think might become a bad habit for me if I lived there haha).
    There are nice parts and bad parts, just like any city. If you're curious I can tell you some good areas to look
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      There are nice parts and bad parts, just like any city. If you're curious I can tell you some good areas to look
      Definitely! Thanks for any advice :)

Comment

I moved here last summer after a brief stint in southern California. I was also drawn by the serenity of the mountains and the sheer amount of stuff to do out in them. I don't smoke so that had nothing to do with my decision but my gf certainly enjoys it. I came for the mountains and also because there is an absurd amount of concrete skateparks to cruise the BMX on.

The housing market is no joke. I drove out for 5 days to look around and see some friends and found maybe 1 place I could afford but it had already been rented by the time I got there. I lucked out after a few emails back and fourth with my landlord, had a friend do a walk through and I did deposit and lease all via email. I was alittle sketched out because there are alot of cases of fraud and scams out here but it all worked out well and I ended up in a great neighborhood in a dope apartment in the West Highlands right by Tennyson Street.

There are definitely still hit and miss parts of town but with the endless gentrification it's not hard to find a nice area. Endless micro brews, bars, restaurants and parks litter down town. I'm not a city person so the outskirts work great for me. I love being 15 min from the foothills. The mountains provide tons and tons and awesome driving roads too.

There is an alarming amount of homeless here which took me by surprise. Overall I love it. The weather is great. Winter so far has been mild, a bit of a cold snap and snow at the beginning but it's been in the 60's and 70's the last few weeks with loads of sunshine. I don't regret coming here one bit, I love it.
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

The pricing has dropped on rent.. About 8 months ago at my old house, someone just rented a house for 2100 a month. They just went back to the landlord and got the price dropped to 1700. thats in aurora by southland mall.
          The market is expensive here, but its starting to drop slowly.
          You might be able to get in cheap at stapleton, thats where I'm at and its expensive but its a nice place. My brother rented a 1 berm plus den apt for 1400. which is a decent price. Yes the ghetto is within minutes of me, but we have security and police controlling constantly. pm me if you interested
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
            I moved here last summer after a brief stint in southern California. I was also drawn by the serenity of the mountains and the sheer amount of stuff to do out in them. I don't smoke so that had nothing to do with my decision but my gf certainly enjoys it. I came for the mountains and also because there is an absurd amount of concrete skateparks to cruise the BMX on.

The housing market is no joke. I drove out for 5 days to look around and see some friends and found maybe 1 place I could afford but it had already been rented by the time I got there. I lucked out after a few emails back and fourth with my landlord, had a friend do a walk through and I did deposit and lease all via email. I was alittle sketched out because there are alot of cases of fraud and scams out here but it all worked out well and I ended up in a great neighborhood in a dope apartment in the West Highlands right by Tennyson Street.

There are definitely still hit and miss parts of town but with the endless gentrification it's not hard to find a nice area. Endless micro brews, bars, restaurants and parks litter down town. I'm not a city person so the outskirts work great for me. I love being 15 min from the foothills. The mountains provide tons and tons and awesome driving roads too.

There is an alarming amount of homeless here which took me by surprise. Overall I love it. The weather is great. Winter so far has been mild, a bit of a cold snap and snow at the beginning but it's been in the 60's and 70's the last few weeks with loads of sunshine. I don't regret coming here one bit, I love it.
            I can really relate to that. I really enjoy trail biking and just generally hanging around mountains. Feels comfortable? And in Florida.... well.... I think my driveway slope is the steepest thing in 20 minutes of me....

Can I ask what kind of place you got and how much you're paying? You can PM me if you want, but no biggie if you don't wanna share.

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
            The pricing has dropped on rent.. About 8 months ago at my old house, someone just rented a house for 2100 a month. They just went back to the landlord and got the price dropped to 1700. thats in aurora by southland mall.
            The market is expensive here, but its starting to drop slowly.
            You might be able to get in cheap at stapleton, thats where I'm at and its expensive but its a nice place. My brother rented a 1 berm plus den apt for 1400. which is a decent price. Yes the ghetto is within minutes of me, but we have security and police controlling constantly. pm me if you interested
            See, Orlando is pretty expensive in general, but 1400 a month for a 1bed would place you in one of the nicest apartments in town. Generally 1beds go for 700-1200 here. Which is pretty sore considering I pay less than 12 for my three bedroom house with a two car garage.... I just don't want to regret buying a house before I know where I'd like to live, so I think renting is what I need to do for 6 months or so.

And no matter where you live in Orlando, the ghetto is within a 15 minute walk-- It's very pocketed here. It's pretty bad, but there's even a road called "Division St" which, quite literally, separates fancy downtown from super-ghetto downtown. I mean, a complete dichotomy.
            Last edited by squidmaster; 03-02-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post

Can I ask what kind of place you got and how much you're paying? You can PM me if you want, but no biggie if you don't wanna share.

I don't mind at all. I'm a small sub level apartment, probably 500-600sq/ft. My only real gripe is my upstairs neighbors have hard wood and get up at 6am. It's a 4 plex unit and everyone here gets along great, all the neighbors have drinks out on the patio in the evenings and fires in the summer. Huge yard, and a shared garage. I pay $900/mo. For comparison though, there's a quite nice 2 bedroom house next to me for sale/rent right now and I believe they're asking $550k to buy and $2400/mo.
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
              X