Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

So with e30tech being down for the foreseeable future, we ended up losing a great resource in the 'Participate or Die' Megasquirt thread that was over there with a wealth of information on m20 turbo maps. As I try to tune my m20 turbo, it would be helpful to see what others have done with their m20 turbo tune and information on the map/ engine build.

So lets try to rebuild a reference again and please post the following:

Engine Specs:
    Turbo Manifold:
    Turbo:
    Compressor Wheel:
    Turbine Wheel:
    Boost Level:
    Injectors:
    Ignition Map:
    Fuel Map:
    Comments:

Here is an example that I found to start us out, this is not my map but comes from a base m20b25 found at megasquirtpnp (http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php) for a non turbo base m20b25 running megasquirt. I'm making up the other info as an example.

EXAMPLE:

Engine Specs: M20B25 2.7i stroker
    885 head on eta bottom end, all stock
    Turbo Manifold: CXracing later 3-2-1 style
    Turbo: Holset HX35
    Compressor Wheel: 57/78mm compressor
    Turbine Wheel: 60mm turbine exducer
    Boost Level: 10 psi for now
    Injectors: 30 lb
    Ignition Map:

Fuel Map:

Comments: Boost hits hard at 3700 RPM and and pulls like a freight train til redline. OMG SO FAST!1!!
    :up:
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Engine Specs: m20 2.8L, 8.5:1 compression forged bottom end, dual pattern cam
    Turbo Manifold: Custom twin scroll
    Turbo: borg warner s256
    Compressor Wheel: FMW 56mm
    Turbine Wheel: 2.54/2.92 turbine wheel
    Boost Level: 25psi
    Injectors: Injector dynamics 1000cc
    Ignition Map:
    Fuel Map:
    Comments: Car runs smooth and pulls great through mid range

the car is on Haltech engine management but that makes no real difference.

Last edited by nomansland92; 07-24-2016, 06:37 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I'm all for this, e30tech being down has been a huge roadblock for me this past month. I'll post what I have once it gets sorted a little better

Comment

I'll try and get my m30 turbo stuff posted in here.

Comment

downforce, you may need to adjust your tables. youre fuel and ignition maps are currently set to "100%" and as far as I understand 100% is atmospheric pressure, so anything in boost is not being registered properly. 200% would be 14.7 PSI of boost.

Here is a link and image from Aaron cake's (How to Megasquirt your FC RX7) with lots of great info on megasquirt, and tuning.

325IX Build Thread
          RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
            Here is an example that I found to start us out, this is not my map but comes from a base m20b25 found at megasquirtpnp (http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php) for a non turbo base m20b25 running megasquirt.
            Originally posted by driftxsequence View Post
            downforce, you may need to adjust your tables. youre fuel and ignition maps are currently set to "100%" and as far as I understand 100% is atmospheric pressure, so anything in boost is not being registered properly. 200% would be 14.7 PSI of boost.
            You are correct, next time please read.

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Woops!
              325IX Build Thread
              RX7 Build Thread

Comment

2.9 stroker NA maps

Thank you for this thread ! I'm finishing a m20 stroker and I'm looking for a fuel and ignition map. Not easy since e30tech is down.

NA m20 here, so my setup is:

M52 crank + 1 mm overbore pistons (Mahle Motorsport) = 2860 cc with 10:1 CR
                KS Kolbenschmidt cylinder head (looks like a AMC :( ) with stock valves
                A 285° Cat Cams cam
                Stock inlet manifold with port matched
                Exhaust manifold is a cheap one purchased on Ebay (Hottuning like, quality is not great)
                Throttle body is a kind of bigbored with a m30 throttle plate to replace the stock m20b25 one
                Megasquirt on a speed density base.

I would be very happy is someone has a base fuel and ignition map to start with. Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                  I'll try and get my m30 turbo stuff posted in here.
                  Would love to see yours!
                  I started my car for the first time in 8 months, on Monday.
                  M30B35, Holset HX40, Powermods DFi Management. 440cc injectors, 0.8bar.

Will start tuning weekend (road), and have a dyno appointment for the 24th Oct.
                  92 Opel Monza CLi 200i8v Exec
                  92 Opel Rekord 380GSiV6
                  87 BMW E30 335i (M30B35)
                  91 BMW E34 520i (M50B20) with Mtech Turbines
                  95 Hyundai Elantra with Mitsu 4G63
                  Three Aircooled VW Beetles
                  17.8Litres, 38cylinders, 10Cams and 84valves

Comment

Sub'd

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                    HSAX Instructor

Comment

Edited: This is a base map that came with one of my megasquirts. I didn't know what it was when i posted it. see my new post with my current map.

Engine Specs: n/a on megasquirt till i finish collecting turbo parts
                      Turbo Manifold: ebay headers and a homemade exhaust to hold me over till im turboed
                      Turbo:
                      Compressor Wheel:
                      Turbine Wheel:
                      Boost Level:
                      Injectors: 19lb orange mustang
                      Ignition Map:

Fuel Map: not worth posting yet.
                      Last edited by kyleconstantine; 08-17-2022, 03:07 PM. Reason: didn't know what i was talking about

Comment

We need to make this thread a sticky so more people see it. I'll try to update my maps when I get my car on e85

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Watching. Very interested in seeing other peoples fuel and timing maps.
                          - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
                          Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Couple saved ign maps

Couple maps I had saved from e30tech.

First map is Chris325ix's NA m20b25 map with dual ign tables overlapped, I believe it was cammed and he had spent some time on the dyno making it.

Second map I don't recall who made it but it was another NA m20b25 tuned map (boost untouched).

This map was made by IXer for dpinder's turbo build, I believe it was for a 10:1cr turbo m20b28 with a 50shot nitrous,

If you recognize the maps and the info about them is wrong let me know and ill update it.

This map is DIYautotunes m20b25 base turbo map

The final map is for my m20b27i with a TCD turbo and ms DIYPNP

Engine Specs: m20b27i
                            Turbo Manifold: TCD
                            Turbo: T04e S5 compressor, 50 trim turbine
                            Boost Level: 12psi currently for winter, was 16psi summer
                            Injectors: 42lb/hr, stock FPR
                            Intercooler: TCD A/W IC with CX heat exchanger
                            Comments: 91oct pump, MS DIYPNP semi-seq inj and WS ign, ARP head studs, Clutchmasters FX400 6puck and billet flywheel

Hope the maps help as a reference, ill do a dig and see if i have any others
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Golfer_705; 01-03-2017, 01:10 AM. Reason: didn't know how t0 add the attachment to the text haha

Comment

I have been working on my tune and finally got it pretty close.

Engine Specs: 3.1L M20, 89.6mm stroke, 135 mm forged rods, JE forged pistons 86 mm bore, MLS headgasket, stock 885 head and cam, gates racing belt, head bolts, 9.5:1 CR, running 91 octane

Turbo Manifold: RSI/ Good & Tight t3/t4 M20 manifold

Turbo: Precision 5862 Billet Journal Bearing

Compressor Wheel: 58.00 mm 76.20 mm

Turbine Wheel: 71.00 mm 61.90 mm

Boost Level: 10 psi now, adding MBC soon

Injectors: Bosch 0-280-150-911 (30# at 2.7 bar = 33.3# at 3 bar, or 350 cc/min) Probably nearing 80% duty cycle and maxing these out (~300 hp)

Ignition Map:

Fuel Map:

Comments: Fast!! Since I live at 6000 feet I hit boost above 80 kpa. My current MAP sensor only goes to 120 kpa (6 psi here at altitude) so its only tuned to that point on the map. The stroker is so torquey at low rpm so boost comes on fast and smooth with these maps. Timing and fuel above 120 kpa could use some work but it drives very smooth,and boost builds quick! Perfect combo for the highway, not really for autocross. Just reworked the timing (removed 3-4 degrees) at 120 kpa because I was getting some detonation. Haven't driven in hot weather yet which could increase likelihood to knock.

Comment

Working...
                              X