No announcement yet.

The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Maybe there's some coke stashed away in hidden compartments to help finance all the work!

Saw this in a Jalopnik piece - Start up instructions for customer 962's from Andial....

Here are some helpful instructions before you start or run the car:

Starting: Turn the mixture knob four clicks to the right and start without pumping the throttle. As soon as the engine starts keep the rpm at 2200 - 3000, and turn the knob slowly towards the green point again. If you turn it too fast, the engine will not run properly.

Do not to leave the switch in the last two R/S positions for too long.

The mixture at these set points is too rich and will foul the spark plugs.

Running: When the engine is warm, adjust the boost with the knob between 7500 - 7800 rpm in 4th or 5th gear. The boost gauge should read between 1.15 and 1.25 bar. It will increase slightly during the lower rpm range.

You can adjust the mixture switch rich (R/S) or lean (L/S) to achieve maximum performance, but I would not recommend changing it more than two clicks either way.

Data: Shift RPM = 7800; Top RPM = 8000; Rev limiter = 8300.

Comment

like starting a jet fighter...lol..so cool....

I cannot imagine running such an engine on a track
      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

...and you're supposed to adjust the boost at redline, in top gear, while you're busy steering.

Oh look, even better, the 917 start up procedure...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1074853054475266449.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	7193658

Part of the Gunnar Racing series...

Different one at Willow Springs..Patrick Long prepping for Rennsport...
        The legend: the Porsche 917. The driver: Patrick Long. The only North American employed as a factory racing driver by Porsche. Wins: 24 Hours of LeMans class...

That induction howl drives me wild.

Comment

I like....seats, check.....st wheel...check......tires/wheels...check...color check.....

wow...nice choices here.

I say over 130k usd..maybe 140-150......yes we have seen 220k for these...but I dont see this one getting it....read the ad again...maybe Im wrong...190k?...lol

Bid for the chance to own a Twin-Plug 1969 Porsche 911 ST Tribute at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,568.
          Last edited by JRKOUPE; 12-27-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I dont agree w everything the owner says....but I do loooove these cars. This vid gives some real life sounds/sensations of being close to a Singer......

https://petrolicious.com/films/the-p...by-enthusiasts.

Comment

[ATTACH]118672[/ATTACH]

Comment

Our factory backed 911 RSRs didn't do so well at Daytona 24, but it seems the Balance of Performance thing is kind of a handicap. Somehow the Ford GTs slipped through the cracks and toasted everybody.

Comment

Hey ya’ll,
                  Trying to build up my following on IG. I post a general collection of cars including my 911 and occasionally sell something every once in a while. I think ya would dig it. Check out my page @grampsgarage
                  Thanks!

PS- sucks to hear LateFan.

Comment

sorry, not clear....not our RSR, but "our" RSR, the collective r3v.

Comment

My boss just picked up this '91 964 locally today. Saw it listed online late last night, went to look at it first thing this morn and sealed the deal this afternoon.

Lots of recent work and preventative maintenance done too. Owned by an older gentleman who really took care of his stuff. I'm excited to see it in person in the spring!

Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Can dig it and i love the paver driveway. Much classier than black top.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You guys will like this....wild beasts in the forest....

Pour suivre nos vidéos et photos / to follow our videos and photos !Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rallyestartvideohd/

Comment

Maybe a future 718 Boxster Spyder with the 4.0 GT3 motor.....

Name:	sb2_5344.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	7194010

Comment

1974 Carrera RSR 2.1 turbo, the first 911 turbo race car.

2.1 twin-plug 6, magnesium case, titanium valves, mechanical fuel injection, single KKK turbo, over 500 hp.

They built four of these before moving on to the 935. Two in private collections, one in the factory museum, and this one, which placed 2nd overall at Le Mans 1974. It took 2nd at the Watkins Glenn 6 Hours, and was eventually sold to Vasek Polak. Now up for auction for a likely 6 to 8 million dollars.

Name:	1974-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-turbo-012-mh-1518550103.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	7194121

Name:	1974-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-turbo-mhowell-078-1518550156.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	7194122

Name:	dppi-020-1518550227.jpg