Passing Tech w/ Different Brackets & Sliders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing Tech w/ Different Brackets & Sliders

Scenario is that I have the same seats and harness restraints for both driver & passenger. However, I'll be running two different bracket & slider system. Have any of you had problems passing tech because of this?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Toyota Pickup

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
    Scenario is that I have the same seats and harness restraints for both driver & passenger. However, I'll be running two different bracket & slider system. Have any of you had problems passing tech because of this?

Thanks,
    Mike
    No, you should be fine. - AB

Comment

i'd think you'd have to get a super OCD inspector to even notice mismatched brackets

that being said, alot of places specify that they want safety equipment for the driver to match the safety equipment for the passenger. not sure if the bracket constitutes as safety equipment, you should probably email the event organizer to see if it's OK or not

Comment

The intent of that line is to keep a student from showing up with a god complex in a super safe seat and putting the instructor on a milk crate with gorilla tape belts. I might be exaggerating a bit, but the instructor has their life in your hands, so having the same safety equipment for both seats is required. That said, if you have the same style seat (fixed back or oem) and belts (5/6 pt or oem) for both positions securely attached you will be fine. I don't run a slider for the right seat, no pedals to adjust for ;).

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
          The intent of that line is to keep a student from showing up with a god complex in a super safe seat and putting the instructor on a milk crate with gorilla tape belts. I might be exaggerating a bit, but the instructor has their life in your hands, so having the same safety equipment for both seats is required..
          haha I tend to put instructors to sleep

Thanks guys on your feedback.
          Toyota Pickup

Comment

That certainly beats the other option...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
              That certainly beats the other option...

t
              lol. I have mixed experience with instructors. some will enjoy the ride and others I'll freak out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                Don't let him fool you.

MikeK is like Han from FnF. I let him drive my car years back and I got a few gray hairs from it.

:p

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                  Don't let him fool you.

MikeK is like Han from FnF. I let him drive my car years back and I got a few gray hairs from it.

:p
                  It's not how you stand by FredK's car, it's how you race FredK's car.
                  Toyota Pickup

Comment

putting the instructor on a milk crate with gorilla tape belts
                    ...but is that ok for the driver?
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      ...but is that ok for the driver?
                      Sure, I don't see why not. Gorilla tape is some good stuff, and I hear the Nelson's milk crates are top notch.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                      X