Stromung Exhaust- NOW WITH 325 PRICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNHCLL
    M3 mufflers connectors have 1 simple bend and end +/-8" from the back of the muffler. As you can see by the link http://www.davelength.net/car/images...st/m_front.jpg on Daves site, the non-M muffler is longer with more bends. M3 Mufflers also connect with a simple bolt up bracket between the 2 muffler tips. The Stromung muffler incorporates its own muffler mounting brackets so you dont have to use the barrel style clamps like the stock muffler.

HTH,
    Chris

EDIT: hahaha I dont think the "Rules of Attraction" Trailers was the link I ment to put there :roll:
    Exactly right Chris; thanks.

I'm working on the price for you guys.

And, for what it's worth, Dave just bought a Stromung for his M3 from me...shows how much he likes them and how good they are.
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

I'm not interested in the GB, but I did buy Dave Adams' Stromung off his totaled cabrio and let me say the thing sounds bad ass. I love it and so does everyone who has ridden in my car or heard me drive by. I can tell you that these are well made systems.....I was checking out the welds prior to installation and was very impressed with the craftmanship. And speaking of installation, this is a DIRECT bolt in system and the fitment is very good. Absolutely nothing needs to be altered/fabricated in order to make it work. If anything, inspect your existing rubber exhaust hangers and go get some new OEM replacements and have them handy when you go to install. I highly recommend the Stromung guys. If you can get the price down to $500-ish take it and be happy. You won't be disappointed.

Jon
      Rides...
      1991 325i - sold :(
      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
        M3 mufflers connectors have 1 simple bend and end +/-8" from the back of the muffler. As you can see by the link http://www.davelength.net/car/images...st/m_front.jpg on Daves site, the non-M muffler is longer with more bends. M3 Mufflers also connect with a simple bolt up bracket between the 2 muffler tips. The Stromung muffler incorporates its own muffler mounting brackets so you dont have to use the barrel style clamps like the stock muffler.:
        Chris: hate to differ with you but I count 4 simple bends on each exhaust. What happened to the Supersprint system I could not tell you, looks like some one weld in a crossover pipe to balance flow on it. But the size of the muffler doesn't matter I have seen bigger ones and smaller. They are both nearly identical. besides minor details.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

However, those minor details, like the simple bends for the pipes, and the brackets welded onto the canister require time and precision. Otherwise, customers get their mufflers and complain of the horrible fitment issues and people dont buy them. Also, the M3 pipes end right after that first kink down from the canister. There are no adapting flanges either. The cost of the extra tubing, the time to line it up on the jig, the flanges at the point where it connects to the center section, the brackets on the canister, the angled tips all add up to make it a higher cost.

While I dont like paying more, M guys generally pay 2x what we pay for similar parts, lets let them have a fun time by knowing there is at least one thing that costs us more. ;)
          Below the radar...

Comment

It's the flanges and mounting stuff that gets it. The M3 one has one simple, striaght bracket betweent the tips that it bolts on with...the pipes on the muffler slide over the pipes out of the cat and clamp on. The 325 muffler has to have flanges to it can bolt to the cat, and it has to have brackets for the rubber hangers that those straps for the stock muffler go on.
            Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Comment

so how much is it for a 325?

Originally Posted by Rob
              fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Any word on the price yet Adam?

Brian

Comment

Count me in..

Count me in for one for my '89 325is. Just let me know how to proceed. Thx.

Comment

Thank you guys for your patience.

I'm waiting for them to return from Christmas vacation.
                    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Comment

Damn people and their personal activities. Im waiting, let us know.

Brian

Comment

The price for the 325i system will be $580 SHIPPED. I have 2 of them on order.

The E30 M3 price stands at $420 SHIPPED. The $395 I quoted before was without shipping.
                        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Comment

$185.00 to ship it? It's just an exhaust? I just a B&B set up and had it shipped for $40.00. You might want to get a UPS business account.

Stebro was going to install mine for $499 in Toronto.

Edit don't I feel silly I thought he meant $395 was the before stated price on getting a 325 system prior to shipping. $580 is an average price for a good system.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
                            $185.00 to ship it? It's just an exhaust? I just a B&B set up and had it shipped for $40.00. You might want to get a UPS business account.

Stebro was going to install mine for $499 in Toronto.
                            looks like $25 shipping to me... i think you may have misread it.

Comment

Yea, my shipping price is $25-$30.

So to recap so there is NO CONFUSION...

E30 325i/is $550 local pickup, $580 shipped.

E30 M3 $395 local pickup, $420 shipped.

$580 shipped is a great price for a Stromung though, they usually list for over $600+shipping. I even heard of one site selling them for $700!
                              Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Comment

dammit i would so be in on that... except i am tapped out till the end of january... seems to be the way it always goes for me with group buys... =(

Comment

Working...
                                X