Treehouse CAB vs. M3 CAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treehouse CAB vs. M3 CAB

I just ordered a set of the Treehouse CAB and noticed that the hole which holds the control arm is in the same location as stock. I also have a set of M3 CAB which are offset from the stock location. Does anyone know why Treehouse wouldn't have mimicked the M3 CAB offset? Since I have a machine shop I could build myself a set similar to the treehouse but with the M3 offset. What does the offset gain me?

More Caster. You are trading low speed maneuverability for high-speed stability. Do you ride bikes? It's the same effect as changing the head tube angle.
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

It also adds camber when the wheels are turned significantly.
      Bikes lean, cars do not, so the effect is different.

I am surprised the Treehouse ones are in the stock location...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Treehouse CAB vs. M3 CAB

Treehouse only recently started making FCAB's on the stock location. In the past they only made them in the M3 offset. Now they offer them in both options. In the future, do more reading before you order.

And yes, the reason is for more caster. (A slacker head angle)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
          Treehouse only recently started making FCAB's on the stock location. In the past they only made them in the M3 offset. Now they offer them in both options. In the future, do more reading before you order.

And yes, the reason is for more caster. (A slacker head angle)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          +1

I ran M3 offset Treehouses.

1. Super sharp feel
          2. Super harsh on bad roads
          3. I would advise going/keeping with the stock location instead of M3 offset.
          Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Working...
          X