Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LikeCDoos
    Originally posted by bimmerphile
    Your impression is mistaken. All are less than legal. As far as doing it yourself, I think anyone who has done it will tell you (Eric, Nick) that the kit is the best way to go. The bulb doesnt fit completely inside the ellipsoid, you have a hell of a lot of wire splicing to do, and glare is a major factor as the bulb that holds the ignited Xe is in a different place than the W filament in a halogen bulb. What I'm trying to organize will ship as a single unit, HIDs pre-installed in the headlamps, 3M rock guard on aswell. All you'll have to do is remove your old headlights, stick these in, and follow the instructions.
    The ones i've seen there is no splicing. All you do is plug the stock plug you have now into the ballast then off the ballast come another cable that holds the HID bulb. You dremel down a few tabs and put the new HID bulb in. If you can get these for $600 that will be a great deal, HID's, smilies (although they are depo), and Rock Guards...great deal.
    Yeah, I'm about 85% confident it will work, I'm just waiting for people.

I should correct myself, with normal HID kits (Say for US ellips), there is no splicing. It is plug-and-play like you said. The reason there is splicing with this one, is due to the conversion to Euro ellips, not necessarily because of the HIDs.
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

I already have the ellips - just need the HID stuff. Any chance I could just get that part of it?
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
        I already have the ellips - just need the HID stuff. Any chance I could just get that part of it?
        not at this time, if there's enough interest I'll talk to the HID supplier about another gb. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
          Originally posted by DaveCN
          not at this time, if there's enough interest I'll talk to the HID supplier about another gb. :)
          i'm in on a group buy for hid if you do that seperate.
          Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

How much worse is the Depo quality ellipsoids vs the euro hella/bosch ones?
            Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Originally posted by MikesJo
              How much worse is the Depo quality ellipsoids vs the euro hella/bosch ones?

Well, I've seen them both, and it's pretty close. The beam pattern on the depo's is a little different than the hella's (more rightward) and with the originals, there was some problems with condensation and the actual frame. However, these problems have since been fixed (according to the supplier), as a more durable plastic is used in the frame, and there is a slightly modified lens and different sealant.

Either way, they have HIDs installed, so it's going to be a huge improvement.

Comment

How long are you planning on running this for? Because even though I would love to join in.... I have at least 500 bucks to spend elsewhere already.... like suspension and maintenance.
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Any pics of a car w/this setup installed?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
                    It would look exactly like a pair of euro ellips. Tons of people on the board have them. As for the HID, check out Ryan Stewart's car. He's the only one I can think of right now that has a true HID kit.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                      It would look exactly like a pair of euro ellips. Tons of people on the board have them. As for the HID, check out Ryan Stewart's car. He's the only one I can think of right now that has a true HID kit.
                      I'm just curious to see what the Euro ellips look like w/an HID kit installed.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                        I'm just curious to see what the Euro ellips look like w/an HID kit installed.

Hopefully Ryan won't mind me using these:

The color of the 6000K's is slightly different than it that shot; a little more blue/purple.

Comment

yea how much longer i have to find a better job than my current one.......cheating my pay and will quite soon

Comment

grk: when would you be able to do it? I am going to try and set this up within the next month, pending interest.

Comment

i might be interested, would the high beams have HIDs also?
                              '86 325

Comment

Originally posted by JPbmw
                                i might be interested, would the high beams have HIDs also?
                                No, the highbeams will be halogen. Not that you'll ever use them with HIDs ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X