Group buy feeler: Euro Ellipsoids + HIDs + 3M film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so when do you plan to have this gb?
    b/e right now im going to sell my car and buy a 89+ 325is, but i have some money saved, so i might do this depending on the date and final price
    '86 325

Comment

Originally posted by JPbmw
      so when do you plan to have this gb?
      b/e right now im going to sell my car and buy a 89+ 325is, but i have some money saved, so i might do this depending on the date and final price

Probably in a month or so, pending interest.
      My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Alright well just keep me up-dated ;)
        '86 325

Comment

can you get them with 7000k HID's?

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20
            can you get them with 7000k HID's?
            Yes, if you want to do that ;)

Comment

bimmerphile, could you post the # of HIDs and the kind of color they emit?
              ;)
              '86 325

Comment

Originally posted by JPbmw
                bimmerphile, could you post the # of HIDs and the kind of color they emit?
                ;)

OK, the "color" is based a lot on the ellipsoid housing that they are projected through, due to a phemonenum known as chromatic aberration.

I won't go into that. Here are the colors, from "whitest" to "purplest" (also from most light output, to least light output) that are commonly found in kits. I know the 5200K and 6000K kits will be available, the others I'm not so sure.

Type/Kelvin Temp/Lumens/Color

Halogen/3300/1400/Yellow-White
                Xenon/4300/3400/White
                Xenon/5200/3200/White (more blue than 5200)
                Xenon/6000/3000/White-Blue
                Xenon/7000/2600/Blue
                Xenon/7500/2400/Blue-Purple
                Xenon/8000/2100/Indigo
                Xenon/10000/1700/Violet

Kits in italic have a blue coated bulb, and are (IMO) pretty rediculous, and I don't plan on offering them with the group buy. I'd put them in the "show car only" category.

Comment

i may be interested depending on the final price as well as when the gb takes place

Comment

man this is tempting, what kind of refund/return policy is being offered? i know they arent and never will be Hella's, but i'm hoping i wont be able to tell a difference. also, do you have any more info on the possibility of smoked ellips?

Comment

Most kits these days are plug and play. If you want to run with Hella ballasts and bulbs, you'll have to modify quite a bit. My website goes over the process, and Tim (Timmahhh) followed the webiste and has a perfect setup.

Guys trust me when i say you want a kelvin temp under 6000K. I have the 6000s, and if you're buying HID to get brighter light, 6000K is the upper limit in terms of a true lighting upgrade.

Go above that, and you just spent 300+ dollars to decrease your light output just to look cool. 5600K and lower is the best compromise between light output and "coolness" factor if you will.

I have a plug and play kit in my car, but like Kris said, eric and i were pretty much the first to do BMW OEM ballasts and bulbs in our housings, and it was not fun. The kits these days require no splicing for 9006, H4, AND H1 setups.

I know the ballasts I sell are more durable than the Hella ballasts.

I can still get xenon kits for those who want xenon kits alone IF KRIS DOES NOT OFFER A HID kit alone. I don't want to cramp his profit ;).

Kris I PMed you. We'll talk buddy!
                      Nick

87 325 5MT
                      02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Sounds promising. I will have to check on funds.....can't promise anything.

Nick

Comment

Things are looking good, color temps of 5600K and 6000K will be available at your choice.

I believe we can hit a $600 + S/H mark.

:-D

Yay!

Comment

what brand HID kit are you going with?

Comment

Where did you find those and how much are they.

Comment

I will post an update to this thread. I am going to use Nick Majka's HID supplier (don't recall the name), but the quality is excellent. Colors available will be 5600K and 6000K. The minimum quantity is 9 for the group buy to work. Like I said, I will update this thread sometime later today with the final info for the GB to get started. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X