Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buy: M42 MarkD (chip now in testing, GB still pending)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Buy: M42 MarkD (chip now in testing, GB still pending)

We have 3 people interested in the M42 chip, 175 ECU. I'm always in contact with Mark up here, and I can try to bargain with him the lowest price. Right now the regular price is $199 plus shipping, and I'm aiming for $175 shipped if we get 5 people. Let's make this happen.

Here is the link to a bunch of reviews of his chips: http://www3.sympatico.ca/mdsylva/feedback.htm
    Here is my review of his M20 chip: http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1219

e30Matt
    Rob
    M42Tecknik

I'll say I'm in, but I'd like to see some specs
    BEERTECH

Comment

What about me?

Sold it.

Comment

Finally, i just PMed someone about this earlier today. I'm in if i could paypal with credit card, since i'm low on cash, since i lended my brother most of my money for his summer school tuition. I'll be in if i could paypal with CC. Let me know guys. Finally. i'm excited. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          Dyno numbers? There are literally no M42 guys up here with otherwise stock motors, I doubt he could find one to test on. I don't think he has ever sold an M42 chip locally, they all get sent to shops in the States, like IE.

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
          What about me?
          M42 only for this one. ;)

Originally posted by spud814
          Finally, i just PMed someone about this earlier today. I'm in if i could paypal with credit card, since i'm low on cash, since i lended my brother most of my money for his summer school tuition. I'll be in if i could paypal with CC. Let me know guys. Finally. i'm excited. :twisted:
          I'm sure that would be fine. I didn't even know that made a difference (I always use PP with my Visa).

e30Matt
          Rob
          M42Tecknik
          spud814

1 more person and I can try bargaining with him.

Comment

i'd be happy to guinea pig for him if he wants, stock motor and easy dyno access *shrug*

by specs I was mainly wondering about the rev limit...
            BEERTECH

Comment

Could you also make sure that the chip is 91+ octane because thats all we have here in San Francisco, CA. Thanks.

-gil

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Rob, never did mention the limiter. He can set it to stock, or leave it at the default which is 6900-7000 (same as JC).

spud814, it is for sure a 91-octane design.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  i'd also like to see some numbers...

If its just as good (better is better) than the JC chips then Im in for sure. BTW i live in Canada, so he can hook me up with a free chip and I'll dyno my car. :D
                  ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

any chance on a higher limit? 7200 would be very very nice to have
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      any chance on a higher limit? 7200 would be very very nice to have
                      I wouldn't trust taking the M42 to 7,200. The risk of valvetrain damage, and it probably wouldn't have much more power at that RPM too. But if it is capable of spinning 7,200 without any risk of damage I would love to do it as well.

-Kenyon

Comment

Sky's the limit, it's just a number in the code. My 2nd gen chip originally had something wild like a 7600 limiter, it was for a M20-powered 2002 track rat. :shock:

So if you want it at 7200, he'll do it. It's pretty much up to you do research if that's safe or not. Lemme guess though, you want it for auto-x? I find the extra 600rpm I have is VERY useful on the course. :D

Comment

last i checked pete mchenry said it was ok for 7200, which is enough for me.

I'm not looking for any power, just a little headroom for holding gears
                          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                            last i checked pete mchenry said it was ok for 7200, which is enough for me.

I'm not looking for any power, just a little headroom for holding gears
                            Well, if anyone could settle the case, it's him. And yeah that's what I meant, the fact that I could use 1st gear for most of the course at the last event really ticked off a lot of other guys.

I just e-mailed Mark about the M42 deal, I'll report his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                              Shit 7,000 is good for me, but you got something going about holding gears. Lots of shifting in M42 E30's through the city...
                              I don't know about using 7000-7200 for city driving...:shock:

Originally posted by parkerbink
                              Don't forget about my 380. is there a difference in a 380? is it earlier or later? where can I get info on the different computers. I have searched all over & found nothing on anything but 173 & 525.
                              I honestly couldn't tell you, I'll have to talk to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X