Garagistic M60B40 6 speed e30 swap "lela"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic M60B40 6 speed e30 swap "lela"

We are a little over due on showing r3v members are very own test mule v8 e30. Meet lela:

Full details/specs here:
    Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

M60 swap guide was built off this car:
    So you want more power in your E30? Well then an M6x engine is definitely a great way of giving your E30 some more punch. The engines are cheap, the mounts are made available by Garagistic, the weight penalty is minimal, and the fun is endless. This guide is extremely detailed! It gets down into the details, part numbe
    Last edited by garagistic; 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM.

Pictures from today.

Pictures from today with Alexs very clean e30.

Comment

beautiful cars. checked out the info on your site too, and purchased FrankM E30's PDF.

I've got a 318is with an empty engine bay.. looking hard for M60+6 speed.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        beautiful cars. checked out the info on your site too, and purchased FrankM E30's PDF.

I've got a 318is with an empty engine bay.. looking hard for M60+6 speed.
        Yes we try to update it as much as we can. For those who dont know, we have an e30 m6x swap guide on our site:

So you want more power in your E30? Well then an M6x engine is definitely a great way of giving your E30 some more punch. The engines are cheap, the mounts are made available by Garagistic, the weight penalty is minimal, and the fun is endless. This guide is extremely detailed! It gets down into the details, part numbe

yes FrankMs car is an awesome example!

Comment

Where are you guys on the whole brake booster relocation write up? I've been checking your site for an update :( Curious to see how you handled it.
          -Filipe

Comment

How has the cooling-side been with such weird-shaped upper heater "hose"?
            - E34 M5 (x 2) -
            - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
            - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
            - E46 318i Touring -
            - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by fdourado View Post
              Where are you guys on the whole brake booster relocation write up? I've been checking your site for an update :( Curious to see how you handled it.

As you wish:

Getting your v8 e30 beast to stop! To get the M6x family of v8s to fit your e30s engine bay, the brake booster needs to be relocated. Being that the v8 is wider, the booster setup cannot go in the stock location and must be relocated further forward like the e34 setups. This is arguably the hardest part of the swap. Ho

We will be adding more details to it very soon.

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
              How has the cooling-side been with such weird-shaped upper heater "hose"?
              Car temperature is always half. Even on track days. Its not the best looking metal tube but its functional.

The car has a radiator from an e32 (frames were widened to make this happen), as well as a massive 16" spal puller fan.

Comment

Cool info! Now if r3v would just hurry up and show me how to properly boost these bad boys it'd make my swap decision a lot easier.
                -Filipe

Comment

Originally posted by fdourado View Post
                  Cool info! Now if r3v would just hurry up and show me how to properly boost these bad boys it'd make my swap decision a lot easier.
                  There's actually still a bit of room in the engine bay if you do not use the following:

-A/C
                  -Remote booster a la e32/e34
                  -stupid stock oil filter housing
                  -power steering (this is a personal choice here)

I think with a little creativity you could rework some stock manifolds to merge out front on the passenger side and place a single turbocharger there, ideally where the a/c compressor would normally be. There is already a company that sells a centrifugal super charger that mounts where the a/c compressor goes too if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                    There is already a company that sells a centrifugal super charger that mounts where the a/c compressor goes too if I'm not mistaken.
                    Any idea who/where might offer that? I'd love to do that, but haven't seen any besides a youtube video of a guy who made his own bracket.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      Any idea who/where might offer that? I'd love to do that, but haven't seen any besides a youtube video of a guy who made his own bracket.
                      That's the one I was referring to but I guess it was a home brew mount after all. Wouldn't take a whole lot of work to get a supercharger mounted there. If we moved our oil filters it would be the perfect place for one. Pretty incognito too.

Comment

There's actually still a bit of room in the engine bay if you do not use the following:

-A/C
                        -Remote booster a la e32/e34
                        -stupid stock oil filter housing
                        -power steering (this is a personal choice here)

I think with a little creativity you could rework some stock manifolds to merge out front on the passenger side and place a single turbocharger there, ideally where the a/c compressor would normally be. There is already a company that sells a centrifugal super charger that mounts where the a/c compressor goes too if I'm not mistaken.

Must have A/C in humid VA summers! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                          Must have A/C in humid VA summers! ;)
                          Just drive faster! Lol! I ditched my A/C. I hate working with it.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Awesome car -- props on the guide that's great

Comment

That's the one I was referring to but I guess it was a home brew mount after all. Wouldn't take a whole lot of work to get a supercharger mounted there. If we moved our oil filters it would be the perfect place for one. Pretty incognito too.
                              Maybe the best route for these motors is N/A. I mean, vacmotorsport is managing "well over" 600HP somehow.

-Filipe

Comment

Working...
                              X