No announcement yet.

My Daily (e36 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Geno. How would you compare the driving expearience between the different model 318's?

Comment

I swear all E30 318 owners have an Ti as daily driver.
      Project Volvo

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
        Looking good Geno. How would you compare the driving expearience between the different model 318's?
        Thanks keith. They both have good attributes, the e30 if deffenatly more fun to drive do to the fact it's five speed and the suspention is stiff and handles like a track car. the TI has heated seats cruise control comfy ride and still fun to take corners. E30> or = to e36 compact; that's my opinion :)
        Originally posted by Chigga View Post
        I swear all E30 318 owners have an Ti as daily driver.
        318 owners know what's good ;)
        Transaction Feedback: -click here
        [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
        [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
          I understand they are kind of the ugly step child but I have always liked those hatches. Nice car ;)
          Thanks pal, same I remember back when I was in high school I would go nuts when seeing one, now I own one. It's a good feeling
          Originally posted by ninety4e36 View Post
          looks good! i love Ti's i really want to get one and thanks to you I have to narrow my search for ones with the Cali Top. :up:
          Thanks, Nice!
          Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
          Both of your cars are fuggin awesome. I've always loved 318ti
          Thanks, Looks like all of r3v is coming out of the closet haha the secret e36 lovers
          Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
          I wonder how hard it would be to graft that top into an e30. Assuming you could find a wreck with that option
          You are crazy, that kind of thinking is forbidden lol I wouldn't think it would be worth it.. They do makes kits for vw and stuff "webasto top top" I think it's called my buddy has it in his '73 2002 the orange one, the top is not powered
          Last edited by Brilliantrot 318is; 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM.
          Transaction Feedback: -click here
          [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
          [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
            Thanks keith. They both have good attributes, the e30 if deffenatly more fun to drive do to the fact it's five speed and the suspention is stiff and handles like a track car. the TI has heated seats cruise control comfy ride and still fun to take corners. E30> or = to e36 compact; that's my opinion :)

318 owners know what's good ;)
            I just notice yours has leather seats, now that's rare! slap on some BC and you will enjoy track time on yours, we enjoys ours tremendously when weather is nice.

Project Volvo

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
              Well, according to the well trusted source....Wiki.
              "The BMW E36/5 Compact shares its suspension with the BMW Z3. The front employs the E36's standard MacPherson strut design, while the rear suspension uses a semi trailing arm from the previous model BMW 3 Series (E30)."

Since it shares the same suspension setup as the Z3, i can see where the handling is good. This is probably the only e36 i would consider to own.
              Last edited by eur04lif3; 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I saw you all at Juan Colorado's over in bethany village. Nearly shat myself with excitement. Unfortunately I was working otherwise I would have come and introduced myself.... Nice cars. I approve.

Comment

bmw's bastered child.....

but if you like, then thats all that matters
                  disregard women, acquire currency.

Comment

Looks Awesome Geno! I'm kinda jealous!! lol
                    Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
                    That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
                    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
                    no fat dudes. car will scrape
                    Originally posted by Ryann
                    Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

That top is AWE-SOME :)

How's the wind noise when it's fully retracted? Does it get loud on the highway?

Comment

Been looking for an alpine ti with cali top for a while. I love ti's for some odd reason

Comment

This car's awesome. I wouldn't kick a ti daily out of the garage, even if it is an e36. They're getting quite rare though.

Comment

Working...
                          X