Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(((NO LONGER FOR SALE))) slicktop 318is 161k miles (SoCal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by word is bond View Post
    Mind mentioning what you ended up getting? Just curious.
    Suspension lifted f150... Real nice truck. It's gonna be great for the little one and I...

Comment

Sent you a pm : )

Comment

Pm responded

Comment

Shyeeit... I'd still pay the 6.5k for this car if I were looking into something to keep forever. This car is quite choice if I do say so.
          Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
            Shyeeit... I'd still pay the 6.5k for this car if I were looking into something to keep forever. This car is quite choice if I do say so.
            Thank you...

Comment

Definitely a straight up guy that knows and loves his e30's, this one especially. Something will work out with how nice this car is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryki View Post
                Definitely a straight up guy that knows and loves his e30's, this one especially. Something will work out with how nice this car is!
                Thank you.

Comment

Sweet ride. GLWS

Comment

No longer for sale... didnt "really" want to sell but was willing to. Friends talked me out of it today. 95 f150 super cap with a "5 camburg lift woulda been fun, but the 351w motor would not have been nice to feed gas to. Lol.

Plan is to itb the 318, e36 zf tranny with s3.46 diff, turbo and megasquirt with e36 m3 5lug with black rs's and polished bolts. Will be nice... Im just gonna get a cheap truck.

Thanks for everyones suppport and interests. $6,500 woulda been a hit to take on the car for me, so ill just keep it and finish the build... and enjoy the great mpg ;-)

IM STILL COMING FOR YOU RAUL... ill catch you on de luz.
                    Last edited by e30cynrunr; 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30cynrunr View Post
                      Plan is to itb the 318, e36 zf tranny with s3.46 diff, turbo and megasquirt with e36 m3 5lug with black rs's and polished bolts. Will be nice... Im just gonna get a cheap truck.
                      That is awesome to hear. No swapping, giving the M42 some love. I look forward to seeing this beast!

Comment

Originally posted by e30Chris View Post
                        That is awesome to hear. No swapping, giving the M42 some love. I look forward to seeing this beast!
                        Oh ya, no swapping... Done that. It throws the whole weight ratio balance off. The 318is's handle great, they just need moooorrrre power that's all. Under boost I look forward to 200whp which would be like s5x power but come on sooner and handle better... I may be able to pull 250whp with the itb's and other combos but I'll see... Just planning on keeping the m42 stock with head work pretty much the boost it. My old m20b25 on 9psi made 310whp, and that was fun... I put the s3.46 diff on it for a couple of weeks, with the e36 close ratio tranny that thing was a beast. So I imagin close ratio the m42 then throw on the s3.46 diff on it the 318is will have some good pick up and always be in the power band with the close ratio. If I don't like the s3.46 with the close ratio, I can always drop down to the s3.25 diff that I have which will be pretty much the same gear ratio as an e36 m3... But I'm assuming the less torque of the m42 mated with a close ratio and s3.46 diff all under boost will just be sic and pull hard!! We shall see... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by e30cynrunr View Post
                          Oh ya, no swapping... Done that. It throws the whole weight ratio balance off. The 318is's handle great, they just need moooorrrre power that's all. Under boost I look forward to 200whp which would be like s5x power but come on sooner and handle better... I may be able to pull 250whp with the itb's and other combos but I'll see... Just planning on keeping the m42 stock with head work pretty much the boost it. My old m20b25 on 9psi made 310whp, and that was fun... I put the s3.46 diff on it for a couple of weeks, with the e36 close ratio tranny that thing was a beast. So I imagin close ratio the m42 then throw on the s3.46 diff on it the 318is will have some good pick up and always be in the power band with the close ratio. If I don't like the s3.46 with the close ratio, I can always drop down to the s3.25 diff that I have which will be pretty much the same gear ratio as an e36 m3... But I'm assuming the less torque of the m42 mated with a close ratio and s3.46 diff all under boost will just be sic and pull hard!! We shall see... ;-)
                          I agree 100% on the driving balance of the M42. Too many 318is's are getting swaps and it just seems backwards. If you want a 6-cylinder, buy a 325. Your plan is awesome. Seems like boosted M42's make 200whp without a whole lot of trouble. Tempting for future mods. I imagine that combined with a s3.46 would be adequately peppy. The stock 4.10's would be downright out of control. I'm looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition.

Comment

Working...
                          X