Garagistic M60B40 6 speed e30 swap "lela"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fdourado View Post
    Maybe the best route for these motors is N/A. I mean, vacmotorsport is managing "well over" 600HP somehow.

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...nes-p1448.aspx
    That 600hp+ engine is likely a fully built race engine that's getting torn down after every weekend. And probably costs $20k+

Guys have slapped a turbo on a stock m60 and got 600+hp. You'd probably struggle to do it with a S/C, but I still think boost is the best option for hp/$.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Yep, those are NOT street vac m60s LOL
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        That 600hp+ engine is likely a fully built race engine that's getting torn down after every weekend. And probably costs $20k+

Guys have slapped a turbo on a stock m60 and got 600+hp. You'd probably struggle to do it with a S/C, but I still think boost is the best option for hp/$.
        Yea I can only assume you're on borrowed time as soon as you start those up lol. But still, I'd be interested to see how they achieved that number (what pistons, rods and bore they have). As far as I've read, there's not much after market support in terms of building one of these to be high compression, right?

Boost is definitely the best bang for your buck when it comes to power.
        -Filipe

Comment

With all this supercharger talk, we may need to bring a super charger bracket to the market!

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
            With all this supercharger talk, we may need to bring a super charger bracket to the market!
            I'll be first in line.

Unfortunately the crank pulley is still an expensive part (I think ~$500 from ESS?), so if you can put a S/C in the A/C location and run it off of the factory crank A/C pulley, and have a tensioner setup that works reliably, that's the recipe for affordable power (I don't really consider the $5900 for the ESS kit affordable...)

Comment

If you guys were to make s/c bracket I'd buy it. Bought your engine mounts and they were of fantastic build quality for a great price. I'd also offer to be your test mule for that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitche30 View Post
                If you guys were to make s/c bracket I'd buy it. Bought your engine mounts and they were of fantastic build quality for a great price. I'd also offer to be your test mule for that shit.
                Id be in for a bracket if somebody designed one!

Comment

We are on it. ;)

Comment

I'll be first in line.

Unfortunately the crank pulley is still an expensive part (I think ~$500 from ESS?), so if you can put a S/C in the A/C location and run it off of the factory crank A/C pulley, and have a tensioner setup that works reliably, that's the recipe for affordable power (I don't really consider the $5900 for the ESS kit affordable...)
                    I was at the Washington Auto Show yesterday. The Ford section had a cutaway display of the GT500 engine. It makes 600+ HP via an Eaton supercharger.
                    The roots blowers are less efficient than centrifugal, so for a given mass flow and pressure the drive power requirements will be higher for roots than for centrifugal....

But the blower drive on that engine only turned the SC and had a 10 or 12 rib belt (I didn't count, but it was much wider than the normal accessory belt). Take that as an indication of the kind of drive you'll need to turn a supercharger moving 600 HP worth of air.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                      I was at the Washington Auto Show yesterday. The Ford section had a cutaway display of the GT500 engine. It makes 600+ HP via an Eaton supercharger.
                      The roots blowers are less efficient than centrifugal, so for a given mass flow and pressure the drive power requirements will be higher for roots than for centrifugal....

But the blower drive on that engine only turned the SC and had a 10 or 12 rib belt (I didn't count, but it was much wider than the normal accessory belt). Take that as an indication of the kind of drive you'll need to turn a supercharger moving 600 HP worth of air.

Was that directed at me? I have no intentions of trying to get anywhere near 600hp, especially with a S/C.

Comment

Got your engine mounts today garargistic! They are great really well put together thanks! Will buy other parts shortly,Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360242073.551905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	7151590

Comment

Originally posted by Stitche30 View Post
                          Got your engine mounts today garargistic! They are great really well put together thanks! Will buy other parts shortly,[ATTACH]65931[/ATTACH]
                          Glad you like them. Please leave a review on our website under this part. Theres a tab that says reviews:
                          Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

We will be showing off our aluminum versions next week! ;)
                          Last edited by garagistic; 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

We are about to list this car on ebay this week. Its a great car. Lots of fun, but its time for garagistic to get into bigger and better things with e30 cars.

What do you guys think the car is worth as it is today?

Comment

I hope more than $8k as that's the least i'd like to get for mine when I'm done

Comment

Was that directed at me? I have no intentions of trying to get anywhere near 600hp, especially with a S/C.
                                I guess I'd inferred from the previous 600 HP comment...

Comment

Working...
                                X