Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo M52b28 build advice

Hi all,

I'll be posting a much longer build thread soon, but I need help right now. I have my m52 apart and just collecting parts now to head to the machine shop soon.

I'm stuck though. My plan was to get a set of E-dish pistons from miller performance and run 8.5:1 such that I when I do boost later this year I will feel confident in the motor. Problem is, I've only seen 2 or three build threads with these pistons and I haven't been able to find much feedback. Hoping I can find someone who runs them and has had good experiences.Just wanted to do something other than the standard JE/Wiseco/CP route.

Thanks guys
    -Filipe

if it's m52b28 with aluminum block then it's not good for boost unless you want to run very low boost like 7-8psi

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Edit: misread your post.

I pulled my motor from a 328is. I did a ton of research on that at one point and I was 100% sure I had an iron block haha. Any input on the pistons question though?
      Last edited by fdourado; 07-30-2015, 01:10 PM. Reason: .
      -Filipe

Comment

I would look over at bimmerforums. I looked into those pistons at one time, but kinda backed off until I go s52. they look like 800+hp pistons.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
        X