Official E30 DSP Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GotCone? View Post
    Fair... when you say Pat's car has 'no power' can you elaborate? I've seen his dyno plot and have a very similar one (minus a few ft. lbs... darn cat) from the STS 2.5 RS I've campaigned in. Just curious what your definition of 'no power' is.
    Ah, I meant no power mods legal in and typical of Street Mod. Non turbo Subies just dont register as powerful after driving so many boosted ones. ;) Makes his SMOD win that much more impressive. :)
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    Project Thread for the now-burned-to-a-crisp $2011 GRM Challenge Winning E30 V8 :(

Comment

Indeed Fair.

Jon
      Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

I am currently building a car and I think DSP is the class I want to run. I have only run one autox in my street car, so I have some questions about my rule interpretations.
        1. It is my understanding that I don’t have to run an catalytic converter.
        2. Do I need a rear seat?
        3. Do I need a headliner? I have removed my sunroof and a headliner replacement would hit me hard in the wallet.
        4. Can I run a LSD? I have a 1990 four door that I am building, but the LSD is out of an 87 is.

Comment

Originally posted by sennafan View Post
          I am currently building a car and I think DSP is the class I want to run. I have only run one autox in my street car, so I have some questions about my rule interpretations.
          1. It is my understanding that I don’t have to run an catalytic converter.
          2. Do I need a rear seat?
          3. Do I need a headliner? I have removed my sunroof and a headliner replacement would hit me hard in the wallet.
          4. Can I run a LSD? I have a 1990 four door that I am building, but the LSD is out of an 87 is.
          You haven't read the rulebook have you? Spend some time studying it and it will give you ALL the answers you need, but since I saw this I'll answer ir for you.

1. Yes, as far as I remember, you don't have to have an Emissions legal exhaust.
          2. Yes
          3. Yes
          4. You will need to check on backdating but I think you can.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

On the LSD, yes you can update/backdate any diff that is an option in a DSP car on the same line (so all E30s) 3.73, 4.10, and I believe a 3.91 (ix diff).
            SM 19 - Serial Destroyer of Cars
            Turbo '89 325i - It lives! Now the question is for how long?
            2SlowRcing.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rsafier View Post
                On the LSD, yes you can update/backdate any diff that is an option in a DSP car on the same line (so all E30s) 3.73, 4.10, and I believe a 3.91 (ix diff).
                Thanks couldn't remember off the top of my head, I have the STX rules down pat, however.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I am currently building a car and I think DSP is the class I want to run. I have only run one autox in my street car, so I have some questions ...
                  If you have only run one autocross you should maybe wait a bit before building a car to a specific class, maybe? Just drive it and have fun for a while. :D
                  Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                  Project Thread for the now-burned-to-a-crisp $2011 GRM Challenge Winning E30 V8 :(

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
                    If you have only run one autocross you should maybe wait a bit before building a car to a specific class, maybe? Just drive it and have fun for a while. :D
                    Good point:D I am running my MKIII Golf right now. I bought a 325is that some one wrecked and didnt want to part out. I picked it up for next to nothing. Then I picked up my car that needed a clucth and the project just started from there.

I have to run my golf in STX because it has a LSD. I didnt even notice what times other people ran because I was having so much fun. The region I am in has some really nice people. I just want to run the E30 because I dont like working on the Golf.
                    Last edited by sennafan; 05-22-2014, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Good point:D I am running my MKIII Golf right now. I bought a 325is that some one wrecked and didnt want to part out. I picked it up for next to nothing. Then I picked up my car that needed a clucth and the project just started from there.

I have to run my golf in STX because it has a LSD. I didnt even notice what times other people ran because I was having so much fun. The region I am in has some really nice people. I just want to run the E30 because I dont like working on the Golf.

Talk about turning into a turn. :up: Now that's some lean.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

youcandoit putyourbackintoit
                        Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Last edited by DSP74; 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM.
                          sigpic

88 325is

Comment

you need to come down to an OVR event.

Originally posted by vlad
                            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Last edited by DSP74; 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM.
                              sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
                                Maybe. But probably not this year.....

But as a positive, I've got almost all the weight reduction done, A 275/35/15 tire on the way, and am ordering the coil-overs in the next few weeks. Then a set of mix and match, Konis, AST or Advanced Design and some camber plates.......So I'm getting somewhere at least.
                                how much did that cost you for 275s and matching wheels? I just got another set of 225/50-14 hoosiers for 300 bucks so I'm not going wild on tires any time soon.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X