Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central locking gremlin. New control module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central locking gremlin. New control module?

A couple days ago my central locking started acting up; upon locking the car from either door, or the trunk the doors will unlock immediately after locking with no action from the key. If I lock from the trunk, it will stay locked, but the doors will still unlock themselves. I'm thinking it's new control module, or maybe something else, hell idk, it was working fine until it sat for 2 days. Thoughts? Tia.
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Bump.
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

100 views, no ideas bump.

Comment

I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

- open driver side door
          - undo harness connector at pillar
          - check connector, clean off corrotion as needed.

if problem persists then follow this instructions ... http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/48131

cheerios,
          Frank

Comment

Thanks guys, can you point me towards a source for the pins for the c404 connector? I definitely have some corrosion going on in there & I suspect it might be the source of my central locking problems & flickering dome lights.

Comment

I had a similar issue. For me it was the trunk actuator. Replaced it and it worked fine, so I would suggest checking those out.
              -Filipe

Comment

Working...
              X