No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is sexy build, eager to see completed ;)

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
      This is sexy build, eager to see completed ;)
      Thanks, I am really bummed I havent had more time to work on it. It really sucks that I have to drive an hour to get to the garage to work on it.

I am going to try to get up there this weekend finish the dash and start on stripping off the front and rear bumpers and lights and stuff.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Ok so a bit of an update, I was able to complete the dash and get it all back in. I NEVER want to do that again. Its such a pain especially the HVAC part, there are so many little things you can forget.

Well anyway its in, the car started and it seems everything works lol.

Here are a few pics of the dash.

And the stereo!! It works no more noise at all. I ended up going back to my Rockford 5 channel that I had also ran a new ground line.

I will have to clean up the wiring underneath I was just happy I have nice clean sound and not one hint of noise even when running the car, no popping or anything.

I got tired so I didn't put in the center console yet, especially since I have to widen the window switch openings for my new one touch E36 switches.

God it feels so good to get past all this crap, now I can finally get onto the suspension.

Comment

Nice! Looks amazing

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
            Nice! Looks amazing
            Thanks, I just feel like its going unbearably slow for me. I think I need to just take a week off of work and bang some things out!

Comment

This thread is amazing. Just read every post. Love everything you're doing.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by blksuperman2 View Post
                This thread is amazing. Just read every post. Love everything you're doing.:up:
                Thanks! I am in the middle of flipping a house so the going is slow. I was hoping to get it done by Vintagefest this Sept in IL, but no way I am going to make that date.

Comment

updates? i should be starting my S54 swap here soon as well...:devil:
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                    updates? i should be starting my S54 swap here soon as well...:devil:
                    Slooooow going. I bought a new house in September and it needs basically a 100% gut update. I have been working on it every day and night since then. We should be finished by mid December so I hope to pick back up on the car around the holidays.

I have all the parts (well at least all the really expensive ones lol) just time is not on my side these days. I will finish it by next summer though, it will kill me if I dont!
                    Last edited by Staszek; 11-11-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

WOW! The interior looks amazing! I emailed the guy that upholstered them a while back and got a quote. I really want to pull the trigger but I am having a hard time justifying that much money on an E30 interior. Your pics definitely make it a little easier to justify!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                        WOW! The interior looks amazing! I emailed the guy that upholstered them a while back and got a quote. I really want to pull the trigger but I am having a hard time justifying that much money on an E30 interior. Your pics definitely make it a little easier to justify!
                        Yea in total I spent more on the interior then I spent on the car lol. But I had a high budget going in for this build and I wanted the thing to feel like basically factory new when it was done so thats how I justified it.

Plus when I got a chance to get a set of both front and rear M3 seats which are really hard to find (especially the rear) I had to jump on it.

Comment

The front seats are actually the same as any other E30 sport seats just upholstered differently. The rear seat is definitely hard to find! I scored a mint set of IS seats this weekend for $200 from a local guy. I'll have to just be happy with them instead of going the crazy interior route for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                            The front seats are actually the same as any other E30 sport seats just upholstered differently. The rear seat is definitely hard to find! I scored a mint set of IS seats this weekend for $200 from a local guy. I'll have to just be happy with them instead of going the crazy interior route for now.
                            Yep, I had IS Seats already but they were all torn up and one was broken. I sold them for $200. I basically bought the M3 set just to get the rear seats but took the set since my IS fronts were in bad shape. The fronts on these were in great working order.

Comment

So I will soon be working on the car. Had to take a break bought a new house that we are completely renovating and it is taking up all my time.

A few before and after pics to keep things interesting

Gotta love the carpeted bathroom!!

With that I will have a very fun update soon on the brake and wheel front that I hope to have pictures up on shortly. I basically said F the budget and went hardcore on both.

Comment

Wow sick house remodel. Definitely better than before. This might be one of my fave project threads on here. Stoked for you to pick up some more momentum
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X