Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Might go in easier if there's hair around it!
    looooooooooooooooool
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

So I noticed that one side of my car (front only) is sitting about a quarter inch lower than the other. I check everything and the only thing I noticed is, that I installed my h and r race spring upside down....

is it possible since its upside down, it compressed the spring a little more since it's, for lack of a better term, "coiled" differently on one end?
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Got a futon for my shop. Remind me why i have a house again?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          because girls dont want to have sex with you on your futon, in your garage
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

I need one for mine. Use an air mattress when I need to nap.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            because girls dont want to have sex with you on your futon, in your garage

I am lucky to have an understanding wife. At least once a week, I pull an all-nighter and just nap a couple hours when I can't take it anymore.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

because girls you want to look at in the morning dont want to have sex with you on your futon, in your garage
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

So, apparently in the early to mid 1970s there was a car built by Chevrolet called the Vega Cosworth, which had an aluminum 4 cylinder engine and a DOHC cylinder head by Cosworth? I only just learned about the existence of this car yesterday. I guess the Vega was a dismal failure for Chevrolet in the compact segment, and presents a crazy 'what if' scenario; if the car had actually been a success, then the foreign car makers competing in the compact segment would have struggled to get a foothold in the US, if at all, and the world as we know it would be completely different. All because GM couldn't execute on the production of one car.
                My Feedback

Comment

leave it to the Americans to taint the wonderful name of Cosworth and the BD motors...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Damn all 'merican's!
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                      So, apparently in the early to mid 1970s there was a car built by Chevrolet called the Vega Cosworth, which had an aluminum 4 cylinder engine and a DOHC cylinder head by Cosworth? I only just learned about the existence of this car yesterday. I guess the Vega was a dismal failure for Chevrolet in the compact segment, and presents a crazy 'what if' scenario; if the car had actually been a success, then the foreign car makers competing in the compact segment would have struggled to get a foothold in the US, if at all, and the world as we know it would be completely different. All because GM couldn't execute on the production of one car.
                      leave it to the Americans to taint the wonderful name of Cosworth and the BD motors...

The biggest problem was GM didn't want anything "more powerful" than the flagship Corvette. So many good designs were either tanked, or had weak power plants put in them.

For instance:

Trans Am TTA (Turbo Trans AM) which used the Buick 3.8l turbo with re-designed heads. They supposedly produced "225" hp, but guys who chassis dyno'd them put them closer to 300 WHEEL. Of course GM under-rated them as they were cheaper and faster than the Vette of the time. With nothing but the speed limiter removed, they were used as Indy pace cars and would approach 200mph.

Fiero (yes, the Fiero) was supposed to get a souped up version of the DOHC 3.4 which produced about 250hp. The production version of the DOHC would do about 180-190whp, rated 215 brake. When GM introduced the prototype, it would have easily out-wheeled the c4 (up until 1989 as the v8's were producing a "whopping 230BHP max). So, instead they made it an economy car with the 4-cyl Iron Duke, then later used the iron headed lethargic 2.8l.

Derp....
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Derp....
                        Kinda like how Porsche keeps the Cayman in its place because they know its a superior chassis and design then the beloved 911?...

so lame

I want a Cayman with a 3.6 or 3.8 motor
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Trans Am TTA (Turbo Trans AM) which used the Buick 3.8l turbo with re-designed heads. They supposedly produced "225" hp, but guys who chassis dyno'd them put them closer to 300 WHEEL. Of course GM under-rated them as they were cheaper and faster than the Vette of the time. With nothing but the speed limiter removed, they were used as Indy pace cars and would approach 200mph.
                          My grandpa was trained as an engineer at the General Motors institute and I'm pretty sure he actually wound up working on some facet of GM turbo engines. Even though I must have been very little (early 90s) I have this memory of him explaining all the cool things about turbo charging. He was the kind of guy who bought a new VW Rabbit, and there's a cool picture of it parked between two snowbanks twice as high as the car during the storm of '76. I'll have to find that photo. He was a very good engineer, definitely wish I'd started learning about cars and engineering sooner so I could have learned from him before he had his stroke. :(

The more I read about GM's bad decisions the angrier I get. I remember in the early 2000s, even as a naive teenager, feeling that the economy was going to tank as a result of domestic automakers routinely making shit cars. Sure enough, they went bankrupt and contributed to our nations second biggest recession, just as I was graduating college. GM's lawyers screwed over the company I used to work for because they couldn't accept that the design for one of their tow hitches was flawed and instead blamed us for welding it wrong, or some bs.
                          My Feedback

Comment

Yes the as both I and firebird have pointed out many times over the year the GM Lq1 was a very very neutered power plant, and very very capable with very minor mods, and absolute monsters with boost added. Same for the turbo 3.8 Buick's.

there was so many awesome things that never were, or just plain ended up as turds because of "business decisions and letting the bean counters build the product Vs letting the engineers do it."
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

I want a Cayman with a 3.6 or 3.8 motor
                              German link, but maybe you can find a translator:

Boxster with GT3 Cup-car's engine, throwing 400hp at you.

Max
                              E30-Fan from Germany, here to learn about and get some inspiration for my next car.

Comment

Just give me a GT4 and I'll be happy.

Speaking of Caymans...I'm going to Race Exotics in Vegas to do 7 laps in a new Cayman GTS followed by 9 laps in the 991.2 GT3 on Thursday. So effing pumped.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X