• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare authentic BBS ix weaves

325usd @ shipped with cap
    250usd @ shipped no cap

3 available
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 411; 04-28-2019, 07:33 AM.
    sigpic

Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Then 2 of those in Utah 84032 = 400 w/ caps?

Comment

GLWS. For some reason, I'm drawn to the BBS weaves, even though the BMW branded weaves seem to be the exact same.
        sigpic
        January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
          GLWS. For some reason, I'm drawn to the BBS weaves, even though the BMW branded weaves seem to be the exact same.
          That's because BBS made the BMW wheels for a lot of E30 models (as did Lemer and Alu).

Back in the 80's BBS was selling the VW version of their 15x7 ET24 wheels but spec'd for VW/Audi/Seat. They were the exact same casting as the BMW version but the lugbolt seats were for ball-type lugbolts instead of tapered.

I bought a set of these in gold color from a military friend who had them on his MkII GTi in Germany and later sold them to a gent in the SF area.
          Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
          1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
          1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
          1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
          2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
          2005 X3 (little woman's car)
          Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
          Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Thanks for the insights Randy. Makes sense that the BMW weaves made by BBS, Lemer, Alu, etc., are the same, but I want to believe that BBS has better quality control. Plus my ocd won’t let me intermingle them. I have 4 BBS and one Alu and it bugs me. Haha

Originally posted by randywalters View Post
            That's because BBS made the BMW wheels for a lot of E30 models (as did Lemer and Alu).

Back in the 80's BBS was selling the VW version of their 15x7 ET24 wheels but spec'd for VW/Audi/Seat. They were the exact same casting as the BMW version but the lugbolt seats were for ball-type lugbolts instead of tapered.

I bought a set of these in gold color from a military friend who had them on his MkII GTi in Germany and later sold them to a gent in the SF area.
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

Working...
            X