Guibo/Flex disk bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guibo/Flex disk bolts

Did more searching and have a simmilar querstion to the motor mount blots. Do you all reuse thme, or replace them???

I reused mine after cleaning them up and making sure the threads were good on everything. Honestly, it's not like flywheel bolts where you need new thread locker, so I'd say they are good to go if not damaged.
    The fun never ends :-?

89 318iS
    R.I.P 89 325i coupe
    89 335iC

Comment

I've always reused them, however I've also lost two. Soo.. If you're in a hurry just clean them and locktite. Otherwise replace is never a bad option
      F80 M3 Alpine
      E10 Fjord Blue 2002
      E28 Blackish 535i
      E21 Silver 320i
      Disco1 98 4.6
      ~~~~~~
      E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
      E30 325i SOLD
      E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
      E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
      sigpic

Comment

I bought new nuts, which I think are some type of lock nut. Did you guys just hand tighten them or torque them?

Comment

Well, I did this this weekend. The bently says you have to use new nuts because they Are locking nuts. Felt like they were. I had to remove the entire exhaust. It took me all day. I was in no rush and took my time. But I'll leave this open to other questions.
          Last edited by rcsoundn1; 04-10-2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

The head of those nuts are swaged to create an interference thread fit, once they are used the interference effect is lessened so strictly speaking they should be replaced.

Blue threadlock should work okay but they are in such an awkward place they warrant replacement.

Comment

I agree and the cost is so minimal its not worth the risk IMO

Comment

Well I have put 1600 miles on it since the change and no noise. 1200 was done on a trip to fla and back.

Comment

Working...
                X