Alignment (camber) quandary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment (camber) quandary

'91 318is - I've lowered it a bit with KW progressive springs and Koni Sports. Now of course it's got too much camber, rear a bunch. So I'm trying to figure out if the offset bushing will be enough or if I need to go to a adjustable tab setup for the rear. Front - not sure what level adj camber/caster plates I need. I did get a computer printout that reads where everything is now, but I don't know how to make sense of it. Suggestions?

Offset bushings - If you're talking front control arms, they don't change static camber at all, only dynamic camber (as the wheels turn) increase, so it won't fix your problem.
    Still a good upgrade since they are cheap.

If you're talking about offset bushings in the rear, I can only assume the raised subframe bushings? It will decrease camber and some toe, but I would still opt for the adjustable rear weld-on hardware to get a great alignment.

You'll need camber plates up front that work with springs.

Post a picture of your alignment and we can make sense of it, or just neatly type it out.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

"Lowered a bit" is subjective.

Naturally any BMW with IRS is going to wear inner on the camber specs.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. As far as "a bit", can you point me to a stock ride height chart? I'm curious too. I do have a computer print out, my buddy did it twice on a computerized setup and measured it exactly as it sits now except for tires. I'll copy and add to this ASAP. I do appreciate the help. John
        Attached Files

Comment

Here ya go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30 stock ride height.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	7197485

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30 front alignment specs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB