No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Permanently' attached the tent. Made some brackets out of 1/8in thick steel and steel tube. Beefier then the yakima round bar it sits on....
    _SRC2666 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC2668 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC2675 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC2674 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Makes the truck look tiny.
    _SRC2676 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Can run wires into cab through rear window, and maybe a snack bin on top of sub box for easy access.
    _SRC2678 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC2722 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC2718 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Nice! How much did that set you back?
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Tent is free since im borrowing it from parents.

The Rack is $300 and the brackets I made probably cost me $15.
        willschnitz

Comment

Made a third brakelight

willschnitz

Comment

Finally got the 62 a little dirty in the Ozarks over labor day. The first picture resulted in approximately 96 million chigger bites.

Comment

^ I'm in love with your FJ62. Looks lovely with that stance and in red.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Finally got everything put on the truck. Have only taken it off-road down some rutted out dirt roads, but has made all the difference. Now to actually put it to use...

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                    Finally got everything put on the truck. Have only taken it off-road down some rutted out dirt roads, but has made all the difference. Now to actually put it to use...

What size tires and wheels did you go with, and are you having any rubbing issues?

I have basically the same truck, and I have some 16" SCS wheels sitting in my garage that I need to get tires for.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I haven't thought of asking on R3V, but why not ..?

I've got an '05 Tacoma PreRunner with the 4.0 v-6. I got a good deal on it 2 years ago but it has a lot of miles. Runs great!

Its always had a gurgling sound coming from the dashboard when leaving a stop sign. My first Blackstone test 3 mos ago showed coolant in the oil, it's had a misfire #4 twice on really cold mornings.

Yep, I have a head gasket problem.

Thing is, I barely use any coolant, it runs great and doesn't overheat. Been this way for 3 years as far as I know

Do I need to sweat this or just keep an eye on it?

Comment

I would probably get it fixed as soon as you can... wouldn't want to have to drive somewhere important and have it fully shit the bed then...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          What size tires and wheels did you go with, and are you having any rubbing issues?

I have basically the same truck, and I have some 16" SCS wheels sitting in my garage that I need to get tires for.
                          Method 311's, 285/75/16 duratrac's. Rubs when backing up and under articulation, just needs some massaging with a heat gun but haven't gotten around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Method 311's, 285/75/16 duratrac's. Rubs when backing up and under articulation, just needs some massaging with a heat gun but haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks. Good to know. Thats size I was going to go with.
                            I really like those Method wheels too. I almost ordered a different set of Method wheels.
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Final outing in my 01 Tundra.

Went into the Kaibab at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

DSC_1035 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

Found the type of sign that you can't pass up when you're itching to get your new truck onto some dirt.

Prescott 7 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Turned around here

Prescott 4 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Got some flex on. Trucks roll/pitch monitor said I was at 22 degrees. New number to exceed the next time I go out.

Rear End Lean by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Prescott 3 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

I need to plan another trip. This thing is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X