Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

homebuying fun (caution: stupidly wide .jpg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
    The outlets being together is fine. Was okay with codes at one point of life.

Now the toilet someone has installed a new valve slash fill controller. they probably said it below the normal level so that's why you don't have enough water flushing him to the toilet leaving the toilet remains there. Google search the product of what the controller is and simply just tell out more water and possibly fat a faster rate of water to fill the tank. That should take care of your issue.

well Simon, it sounds like you have the electrical figured out. as to the toilet, it appears to me that someone put new parts in the tank in an attempt to fix the same problem that you are having with it. the secret is that cheap toilets are sometimes worthless pieces of shit. what ever you do, don't buy an American standard toilet. they are absolutely worthless.

325's advice about buying the 90.00 unit at Sams club is probably sound. I have never used that one personally, but if he has used several of them with great results, that would be good enough for me. Personally, I usually just go to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and buy a used Kohler or Toto. they literally make the best. if I am in a rush, I buy a new Kohler from Lowes or Home Depot. I do think the Sams club toilet will make all your wildest dreams come true. you can install it yourself by watching a vid or two on youtube.

so replace the toilet. if it still has a problem flushing, the issue is probably your vent system. I did a flip one where there was a dead rat stuck in the vent pipe causing a toidie to get stuck.

congratulations on your new place. same goes for you NickS. it really sucks to buy real estate in such expensive markets as you guys live. my wife and I are thinking about moving to Austin which is about the same but perhaps a little less.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Buying a condo wasn’t what I had in mind but it’s in Inglewood which is expected to be a hot spot as a on t of things are happening here, so hopefully that pans out and place #2 down the road can be an actual home. That said, I’m pretty excited to get my garage setup done. There’s an HOA here but they seem to be a bit hands-off. I’m going to try and get on the board so that they don’t do stupid shit. The head of the board seems to be an airhead so I feel like I need to do this

Congrats Nick!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Next up is the toilet... heres whats in the tank

the toilet flushed perfectly fine the first time then the second one got kind a week I just left it at that. Not sure its even worth fixing, unless you guys see something obvious.
        Nothing wrong with the toilet from that picture... though that flush handle looks pretty well "worn." ;)

That's a very common (and appears newer, <2yrs old) flush valve. Whoever installed it set the water level WAY too low. You need to raise the float using that long plastic screw on the arm. You can see where the water line should be by looking at the calcified green line on that tank. Looks like you are getting only about 1/2 as much water per flush as you are supposed to. Yeah, that will cause a lack of flushing power. :)

Congrats, and welcome to home-ownership. Warning: they are every bit of a money/time suck as E30's are. And like E30's, things like to fail in 2's or 3's.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
          Nothing wrong with the toilet from that picture... though that flush handle looks pretty well "worn." ;)

That's a very common (and appears newer, <2yrs old) flush valve. Whoever installed it set the water level WAY too low. You need to raise the float using that long plastic screw on the arm. You can see where the water line should be by looking at the calcified green line on that tank. Looks like you are getting only about 1/2 as much water per flush as you are supposed to. Yeah, that will cause a lack of flushing power. :)

Congrats, and welcome to home-ownership. Warning: they are every bit of a money/time suck as E30's are. And like E30's, things like to fail in 2's or 3's.
          Thank you!

That seems easy enough, I will give that a shot... hopefully once this "moving-in round" of stuff is out of the way, I can get my garage hooked up and I will share all of that fun.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

hopefully once this "moving-in round" of stuff is out of the way, I can get my garage hooked up and I will share all of that fun.
            I've been saying that since we moved into our house 2 years ago lol
            Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

why do all the problems only affect my wife? I was fine this morning but just got a text from my wife saying both showers had only cold water.

What do I need to check on the water heater to fix this? sounds like the pilot is out, right?
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

If there is no hot water everywhere, then yes, check the tank pilot.
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                  If there is no hot water everywhere, then yes, check the tank pilot.

I think I fixed it when I first looked at it it was aimed straight down at the pilot so pressed that pilot button a few times then rotated it to hot and I heard the heater turn on. I’ll report back if the wife complains about it still but otherwise I am assuming they had shut it off while the house was empty

The status light would also flash on and off as if it was doing something
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

That'll do ya!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Simon, go to habitat for humanity and check out their inventory.

There's always an amazing deal there for anything home related.
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        Simon, go to habitat for humanity and check out their inventory.

There's always an amazing deal there for anything home related.
                        Yea we're going to donate a bunch of stuff to them too, so we might as well buy some stuff too...

Im hoping the hot water issue is totally done with, Im finding that most of the issues so far (fingers crossed) have been simpler stuff though these two old toilets upstairs got to go. I'll likely buy that $90 at Sams Club if H4H doesnt have a Kohler. If I can successfully install it in the master bathroom without causing a flood, I will probably buy a second one for the other bathroom thats upstairs.

I also successfully ran a new cable for our internet through the wall! haha that was fun. This place is a new project and luckily there is a bunch of new items done already
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I also successfully ran a new cable for our internet through the wall! haha that was fun. This place is a new project and luckily there is a bunch of new items done already
                          It never does end... we have been in our home 13 years now and are still working on it. Funny thing is, we are almost done and will be moving in the next year or two.

I said funny right? :(
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Yea we're going to donate a bunch of stuff to them too, so we might as well buy some stuff too...

Im hoping the hot water issue is totally done with, Im finding that most of the issues so far (fingers crossed) have been simpler stuff though these two old toilets upstairs got to go. I'll likely buy that $90 at Sams Club if H4H doesnt have a Kohler. If I can successfully install it in the master bathroom without causing a flood, I will probably buy a second one for the other bathroom thats upstairs.

Toto is just as good or better than Kohler....just sayin......
                            friends DONT let friends buy American standard. that stuff is complete shit.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                              It never does end... we have been in our home 13 years now and are still working on it. Funny thing is, we are almost done and will be moving in the next year or two.

I said funny right? :(
                              My goal is to get the garage setup ASAP, but I have to get the house itself squared away first and your post scares me! hahah

I have to deal with the HOA to try and get them replace a window and Im a little nervous on how to deal with them. It seems very casual and passive, so I think I have to be on them about it and make sure it doesnt get ignored.

any tips here?

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              Toto is just as good or better than Kohler....just sayin......
                              friends DONT let friends buy American standard. that stuff is complete shit.
                              Ok, so Toto & Kohler = good
                              American Standard =crap

anything else to add to this list? I am pretty sure I need to just replace at least that one toilet in the master
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Why is the HOA responsible for YOUR windows.... seems like an odd item for them to cover in a privately owned unit. Vs a rental landlord situation
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X