Garagistic shipping times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic shipping times

Ok, so I placed an order with them last Friday. For a strut tower brace set and studkit. They charged my 60$ to ship which seems a bit high considering I only live 45 minutes away. (I thought they where much farther when I paid for shipping, otherwise I would have picked it up as soon as I could). I've emailed them multiple times this week asking for a shipping number and a confirmation that's it's been shipped. I got one response claiming that they where looking into it. I can't believe how expensive it is and how long it takes to ship a package 45 minutes away. Is this the norm when dealing with these guys?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Call them. They're quick to answer and are reasonable.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I can't speak directly to shipping times for Garagistic and their order fulfillment (other than that I've been satisfied with my purchases so far) but the fact that you live "only 45 minutes away" is immaterial. They still have to do the same wrapping, packing, boxing, etc whether the destination was 45 minutes away or across the country.

As for the cost, it's probably due to an oversize dimension of the box required. If it's that close, you might want to call them and see if they do warehouse pickup if it hasn't shipped yet.
      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Also, not sure how big the company is but some of the people were in Seattle for the e30picnic so that might have delayed things too.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

The reason I didn't call is I read somewhere on there website that there phone's where down and to contact them you needed to email.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Ok so I got a hold of them on the phone, what happened is that they didn't have any unpainted strut bars in stock and where waiting for them to arrive. So it was holding up my order. I asked them to just send the other parts and send the strut bars when they arrive. Also regarding the expensive shopping cost. They refunded me 25$ a few days ago, the email notifying me of that got aoreed into a spam folder some how. It's all been resolved and is just a minor inconvenience, I'm no longer a disgruntled customer.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Would have been easier to just call them first instead of making this post.

Comment

both owners were out of town for the e30 picnic

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Hello!

Alot of the members nailed it. Most of us were at the E30 picnic at Washington and have taken a few days to get back adjusted again. On the shipping cost, we do offer local pickup, but on the strut bars/subframes its dimensional weight. The physical box is what increases shipping cost. As always though its really best to reach out to us. Email is info@garagistic.com but for immediate service there is our shop phone (714)369.2762

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                    I only live 45 minutes away. (I thought they where much farther when I paid for shipping, otherwise I would have picked it up as soon as I could).

i would have reached out and picked up in person. the shipping charges are standardized according to weight and package size.

i always order way in advance when sourcing stuff from specialty or smaller suppliers. garagistic has never disappointed me. it's not like they are a rock auto biz shoveling cheap parts and relying on volume. i can wait to receive the good stuff, pays to be patient.

Comment

Working...
                    X