Chassis Reinforcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chassis Reinforcements

Hello all...pretty soon i'm planning on tearing down all the old undercoating on my newly purchased 318i. I plan on refreshing the suspension and dropping the rear subframe.

I plan on taking advantage of this downtime to take care of some preventive measures before I mod the suspension.

Regarding chassis reinforcements, I was wondering if there were any benefits or downsides to using AKG over Turner Motorsports.

I've read a lot of reviews with excellent transactions with TMS and some mixed reviews on certain products of AKG. However, their pricing for their chassis kits are pretty comperable and was wondering if anyone could give some input/advice based on experience.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this was posted in the wrong section. I didn't know exactly where to place it.
    Originally posted by FredK
    However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
    Feedback

I am having a front subframe built at the moment. The subframe is being dipped at a metal cleaning place, then we're welding the AKG reinforcement motor mount, gusset and swaybar mounting tab. We'll then gusset elsewhere as we see fit. I'll post pics as things progress
    Chris Woods

https://www.facebook.com/munichmotorworks

Comment

awesome; that would be most helpful
      However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
      Feedback

Comment

pics are needed.
        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
        2875-C Towerview Road
        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I use the AKG front sway bar reinforcements and Turner MS for the rear trailing arm reinforcements and also the engine mount reinforcements.

I am also starting to reinforce the rear subframe diff mounts as well. I have seen them torn to pieces with big power from S50 swaps and the like. I also do the camber and caster correction kits.

I have cores in stock and can ship, call for pricing if interested.

Front Sway bar reinforcements

Rear Sway bar reinforcements

Engine Mount reinforcements

Camber and Caster Kit installation:

Also do custom skid plates as well. These are the strongest on the market incoporating a front stress bar that reinforces the frame rails as well as fully supporting the wieght of the vehicle for quick lifting from the front. This also take all impact loads from the skid plate. Track tested on real race cars in real racing venues. Some quick pics for one we did recently for a young lady who was going low and wanted the best protection she could buy. Smart girl. Polka Dots not included ;)

Robert
          E30 Motor Werks
          714-398-8405
          Last edited by peerless; 03-08-2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

wow; if only you werent a country away, shipping would be quite expensive. Any reason why you prefer one brand over the other (depending on chassis location) when you do your mount services?

My year in Germany
            Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
              wow; if only you werent a country away, shipping would be quite expensive. Any reason why you prefer one brand over the other (depending on chassis location) when you do your mount services?
              Turner does not sell the front sway bar tabs, only AKG has them at the moment. I personally like the Turner rear trailing tabs better then the AKG tabs same goes with the engine mount kits.

I am not a country away, I am in California and shipping to the 48 is about the same anyways. (Assuming your in Rohde Island) You would probably be looking at a $50 shipping charge. If you cannot send a core a core charge would also have to be considered.

You have to balance the cost of what a local welder would charge you or whether a shipping/core charge is more or less advantageous. It is also nice to have a cleaned, painted, reinforced part ready to go before you tear your car apart. Then you can just drop the old part in the box and affix the return shipping label and kick it out the door for UPS to pick up.

I am still working on the pricing and logistics of our core program but if your interested I am sure we could work something out.

Comment

I'm getting my front subframe back from the metal cleaners tomorrow, pics coming soon.
                Chris Woods

https://www.facebook.com/munichmotorworks

Comment

How much for that subframe brace/skid plate?

Can I bolt myself? I see you welding in there.

Comment

Originally posted by peerless View Post

Could you please show where the bar mounts up to and where the back of the skid plate mounts?
                    This seems like a really good idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X