Seat advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat advice needed

Before I get the typical search comments, I have googled it and there are so many different opinions and “experts” that I can only handle reading so many arguments.

am looking to replace one of my seats. My car came with 2 garbage condition cloth seats. My local shop contacted Corbeau and Corbeau said that they could sell me a single driver side A4. The order was placed, but when it arrived, it was a passenger. They told me “Well we were told a passenger seat so that’s what we sent. We normally can’t sell the A4 individually so we don’t know how you were able to get that one.”.

The only real difference between the 2 is the reclining handle location. I have a Takata harness on the way and have a harness bar bolted in. The bar will only be used as a guide to get the harness between 0-20 degrees. I intend to install the harness per TAKATA’s recommendation instead of what Facebook engineers are telling me. The ones I spoke with suggested mounting it to the harness bar and not the rear seatbelt bolts recommended by the harness manufacturer.

This is one idea I have had. I could get a Corbeau Fx1 for a driver seat, or keep the Corbeau A4 where it is and get an e46 passenger seat.

I am wanting to go the safest route for a show/autox/barely driven car.

Your local shop should be able to fix the situation if they messed up and ordered you a wrong seat.

I use fx1pro for driver seat and have a4 for passenger side as I wanted to retain ability to access backseat (2door). At some point I had a pair of a4 seats but a4 wasn’t very good for holding me in the seat in autocross and fx1pro is much better at it.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Your local shop should be able to fix the situation if they messed up and ordered you a wrong seat.

I use fx1pro for driver seat and have a4 for passenger side as I wanted to retain ability to access backseat (2door). At some point I had a pair of a4 seats but a4 wasn’t very good for holding me in the seat in autocross and fx1pro is much better at it.
      I was at my local shop and had them call back. He put Corbeau on speaker and he said " We have you down for a passenger. So there is nothing we can do on our end.".

I will probably end up getting the FX1 just to have 2 Corbeaus in the car so I can get rid of the destroyed passenger. Only reason I got the A4 was because when I would lean back in the comfort seat, the back would give out and I would have to re position the seat.

Comment

Working...
      X