Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good oil change Tech..

So My car has a bad rough startup.
    So armen at TNG automotive advised me to run it to go get oil, buy some ATF add it to the motor before I drive back... when I got home I drained it and bam! its fine now.
    Since the valves are hydraulic he said some of them where probably clogged so the atf is a detergent and cleaned it out. So now the car is good on fresh 20/50 and I would advise this to everyone it works great.

How long did you run it before you changed it?

Comment

wouldnt diesel oil do the same, just safer?
      Dan Zickel
      1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

No I drove the car to Advanced auto to get it warm, then poured the ATF in, so from there to home it did its magic. lik 10 miles.
        the 20/50 is perfect, the diesel oil is pretty thick, so you might wanna switch it. in the trooper it raised the oil pressure by 5psi, which might be high for our high end m42's !

Comment

how many quarts of ATF? Will it work the with synthetic blend?

Comment

If you add seafoam to the oil and drive it for about 50km it does the same thing. JUST DON'T DRIVE MORE THEN THAT, there is potential to clog the pickup and lose oil pressure.
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
              No I drove the car to Advanced auto to get it warm, then poured the ATF in, so from there to home it did its magic. lik 10 miles.
              the 20/50 is perfect, the diesel oil is pretty thick, so you might wanna switch it. in the trooper it raised the oil pressure by 5psi, which might be high for our high end m42's !

You do know 20w50 is a diesel oil blend, right?

Comment

atf generally has a cleaner in it, something like adding seafoam. I'm not sure how good it is to leave that in the engine though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                X