Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Kit Selection

Hey all,

Trying to determine which clutch kit to select for my S52 swap car. Motor out of my 99' m3 will be going into my 1990 Sedan. Looking to buy now for future power goals. Planning to add a supercharger to the equation in the next year, potentially turbo afterwards. Power goals are a moderate 450whp.

Going back and forth between the UUC Kevlar LW FW and Clutch kit ~$1800 or putting together a LW FW and Clutch combination from Spec for ~$1400. Less concerned about price, and more concerned about quality and appropriate power coverage. Would obviously prefer to pay less than more, but not interested in buying twice.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Max

Couple things, that power goal with SC vs turbo are very different. With the SC you don't need to run as aggressive a clutch as you would turbo being that you don't make a lot of torque down low which is what hurts clutches. I'd give bimmerworld a call and see what they recommend. Their most common and race proven setup is the JBR flywheel plus a clutchmasters PP and disc. I'm pretty sure the price point is inside your budget too.

I've had great customer service and conversations with people from both UUC and bimmerworld.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
    X