Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
    Great little build, I wish those lowers were available back when I made mine, very clean looking. Nice to see the PCC get so popular, used to be only a couple options for 9mm AR parts. Pretty much just RRA and Hahn when I did mine
    Yeah I went back and forth so many times on a PCC. I initially wanted the LWRC SMG45, but after holding my breath for 4-5 years, I literally gave up waiting like a month before their debut at NRAAM this year. I might still try to snag one of those, but I'll have to consolidate the collection a little to offset that price tag.

The nice thing is that the PCC market has blown up so huge in the last few years and there are so many routes you can go for building one. There are so many awesome off the shelf options with great feedback and aftermarket support to choose from as well.

Comment

Gun Thread

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Yea I should have been more clear. The .22 is a bolt action I use to feed the dog the random squirrel. (Dog loves them, garden hates them, so it's a win win.

Ditto on the revolver though. Especially if you fire 38 special from a .357! I don't even bother with .38 anymore because that carbon ring is a royal bitch to get rid of and will make .357 cases hard to eject.

Also agreed on the CCW comment! I carried my 1911 for a while and learned fast how quickly a standard steel slide will rust from sweat. I now make it a point to carefully pick my carry guns. Currently carry a Sig p238 and give it a cleaning fairly often.

Also, I found if I'm on vacation at the beach, the only thing I will carry is a Glock or other gun that is known to just work. Carried my p238 a couple years ago and luckily I didn't need it. Sand found it's way in there and it probably wouldn't have functioned. I didn't even take it to the beach, but sand found it's way anyway.

Please don’t feed your dog squirrel. And do not touch any squirrels/raccoons and the likes at all dead or alive. I have no right to tell you what to do with your pet but squirrels have a high chance of carrying rabies, you do not want your pupper to pass that to you as that results In 99% chance of death.

No cure for rabies still to this day.

* the shitty part is if you ever think your pet has rabies or your bit and worried, they have to euthanize them in order to test them for rabies because it’s only available in brain tissue*

And speaking of the Glock not jamming in sand,
      Please tell me that the 1911 is also the same. I figured if In war it was dragged through hell and back and most still function it should be just as dependable? Or am I completely wrong here and a little sand will jam her like the P238?
      Last edited by Sonny; 05-28-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

This ought to be a lesson for everyone not to make impulse decisions when buying a gun. Learn from others as my father says, it’s always cheaper.

Luckily your 1911 may have been built with sloppy enough tolerances it may still run.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          This ought to be a lesson for everyone not to make impulse decisions when buying a gun. Learn from others as my father says, it’s always cheaper.

Luckily your 1911 may have been built with sloppy enough tolerances it may still run.
          Yea. The 1911 is usually pretty right, and it rides on a longer/more pronounced rail than the polymer alternatives.

That said, I still carry my 1911 here and there, but in specific environments, I go back to my XD or Glock. If I want smaller, can't go wrong with a snubby wheel gun.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Yea I found that with mine. I keep it in my vehicle in case i come home to some critters.

They need to be oiled well, that's for sure. But I have found a good soaking seems to keep it in line. Just need to get the oil absorbed well into the parkerized finish. On the bright side, what little rust I found was easily removed.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting in my driveway now listening to a pack of Coyotes screaming their assss off.
            Choot 'em lol

I rarely clean my guns. I inspect my carry guns and make sure there isn't lint and the such in the action/slide and if there is I shoot like it is with my carry ammo and then clean and get it ready for action afterwards.

I shoot it to see if there would have been a FTF or something.

Sonny, I've seen raccoons and skunks with rabies but I've never seen a squirrel with rabies in the wild.

Animals with rabies act different. You can tell when one is infected.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Yea I was just going to the the whole rabies thing slide lol. I love my Dog, but I don't worry too much about what he eats. He has dragged deer parts out of the woods after a week or 2 and cleaned the bones.

Hell, I tossed a hide that I messed up after finding he ate it while I had it drying in a last ditch effort to save it.

The hide is my fault. I used to skin the squirrels for him, then I started cutting them in half so he could see/taste the meat before eating it. Now I just cut off the tail and toss it to him. But, even that is unnecessary, he doesn't care.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I think some dogs have the stomach for such but my dog must have a really sensitive stomach. We dont even feed her human food/scraps.

I used to live on a street out in the middle of the woods, the dogs around us would drink from a creek that went through the middle of the neighborhood and that thing was nasty. They never got sick. They'd also would go and kill wild animals around the neighborhood.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

My front sight on my Ruger MarkIV came loose the other day. It doesn’t appear to have had any thread locker applied from the factory. What color thread lockers do you guys run and on what part of the gun? Do you use different colors for different areas/guns? I used a drop of blue to hopefully avoid it coming loose again.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    My front sight on my Ruger MarkIV came loose the other day. It doesn’t appear to have had any thread locker applied from the factory. What color thread lockers do you guys run and on what part of the gun? Do you use different colors for different areas/guns? I used a drop of blue to hopefully avoid it coming loose again.
                    blue for sure

Comment

blue
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Wheel gun guys: any suggestions for a first wheel gun. Caliber and model. I am looking to pick one up strictly as a range toy. Love the looks of the Colt Single Action Army, but not too thrilled about the prices they fetch, even the second gen ones. The strength of the Rugers are also appealing. Not looking for anything extreme as far as power as I do want it to be enjoyable to shoot. Anyway, any inside information or experiences is appreciated to a revolver virgin, especially what to check for when looking at used ones.

Comment

I'm admittedly biased, but would suggest either Ruger Blackhawk or Vaquero. They give you that SAA look without the pricetag. I'd go with either 45 colt or .357 magnum for caliber. Neither are particularly harsh to shoot especially with off the shelf loads. Being able to shoot 38 special out of the .357 is a benefit to some. You can also get some pretty hot ammo as well for any work outside of standard range time.

I was going to recommend a Ruger Bearcat/Single Six/ Single Ten .22lr because they're a ton of fun. But if it's your only revolver you're most likely going to want something with a bigger bang eventually.

Comment

Unless you're dead set on a SA, I'd say a Smith Model 10 (still available reasonably used) is the quintessential round gun. Accurate, reliable, easy to use, and fun to shoot IMHO. A majority of cops from the early 20s(?) to the 80s carried something like this, and whenever I handle or shoot mine, I'm reminded of past eras where 6 rounds was enough, people actually knew how to shoot, etc.

My opinion of course.
                            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post

How's the nazi space magic?
                              BEERTECH

Comment

The USP is a fantastic gun. Recently picked up an HK VP9 for my Silencerco Octane can. Really solid shooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X