No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fly helicopters? working on my instrument rating and commercial rotarcraft license right now.

Comment

I work at Lockheed Martin on the C-130 progaram. The Herc Rocks!
      Randall Racing and Engineering
      Acworth, Georgia, 30101
      http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

I just heard today that ALL the navy's training helicopters (TH-57, or Jetrangers) are grounded while they replace a "power generation turbine" or something. So, there's 108 helicopters down for the next two months while no new Navy pilot can train on them, creating a backup down the line...

at least I get to sit in Pensacola for a few extra weeks not doing shit
        sigpic89 M3

Comment

How much does it cost to get a helicopter license with all the training included?
          Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
          Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thirty View Post
            How much does it cost to get a helicopter license with all the training included?
            I'm flying at a school called summit helicopters out of Addison TX. A private license, commercial license, instrument rating, certified flight instructor I, certified flight instructor II, along with 200 hrs of flight training is costing me around 60,000. In the world of helicopter pilots 200 hrs is nothing, the bench mark is 1000hrs. To make up that 800hrs you'll more than likely have to be a flight instructor for a year. Which I'm projecting is going to suck, but after that it should be pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
              Coming from the German that means a hell of a lot. Not.
              I'm no fucking german.

I'm just telling you my experience... AA w/ 777 piece of shit, just another version of the same thing. they are just like american motor companies and taco bell, throw the same ingredients around in a different manner and call it something new. seriously have you looked at the interior of a 777, 747, 767? they are all the same pretty much.

Now i flew an airbus from Frankfurt to Chicago last year and it was fantastic. the interior was clean, almost brand new looking. it was innovative, the put all the bathrooms downstairs with a large open area for the entrance to each bathroom door. not only does this allow you some room to stretch, but it would make it way easier to sneak into a bathroom to fuck, if you haven't joined the mile high club yet. flight attendant were NOT GAY and the chicks were hott. they served better food, gave out warm towelettes after each meal. the seats were more comfortable. if you haven't noticed, it was overall the best plane flight i've been on.

And fuck those whiny ass liberals, tax aviation fuel more? Is that there only Idea? tax tax tax? i'm sure they will bitch for government subsidies when they can't afford a plane ticket to attend there annual NAMBLA conference.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                I'm no fucking german.

I'm just telling you my experience... AA w/ 777 piece of shit, just another version of the same thing. they are just like american motor companies and taco bell, throw the same ingredients around in a different manner and call it something new. seriously have you looked at the interior of a 777, 747, 767? they are all the same pretty much.

Now i flew an airbus from Frankfurt to Chicago last year and it was fantastic. the interior was clean, almost brand new looking. it was innovative, the put all the bathrooms downstairs with a large open area for the entrance to each bathroom door. not only does this allow you some room to stretch, but it would make it way easier to sneak into a bathroom to fuck, if you haven't joined the mile high club yet. flight attendant were NOT GAY and the chicks were hott. they served better food, gave out warm towelettes after each meal. the seats were more comfortable. if you haven't noticed, it was overall the best plane flight i've been on.
                This is pure ignorance right here. Boeing has nothing to do with the interiors of the airplanes, they are installed after delivery and customized to the specifications of the airline. Same thing goes for flight attendants, food, service, etc. Sucks that you had bad service on what happened to be Boeing airplanes but that has nothing to do with Boeing and everything to do with the airline you flew on. Also, do you think these sorts of things matter to the USAF? Get real man.

What I was talking about was the airplane itself. The airframe, engines, fuselage, wings, etc. are far better built and far more reliable than anything Airbus could build.

Comment

Eric, do you have any idea the sheer amount of design that goes into designing an aircraft this large?

Also, since when does the manufacturer have anything to do with the straightness of the attendants that serve on it?
                  sigpic89 M3

Comment

I live and breathe aviation on a daily basis. Boeing >> Airbus. EOT.

BTW, nice pics of Pax River! I may end up there someday.

Comment

Maluco, I've decided. We need to have a subforum just for you so we can sticky all your "official" threads and keep them all in one place. They always make for some interesting thought provoking conversation. :up:

Comment

I tend to like the smaller jets, in particular the CRJs.

This is pretty neat: http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en...jsp?crjId=null

I've always felt that the CRJ family of jets is nicer/better than the Embraer family of jets (regionals) but CRJ needs to add a little bit of styling to their exterior. I know about function over form but a little flair can't hurt, right? LOL!

Comment

Before I left Delta, I was flying the ERJs and with full glass, the 170 was a super plane to fly. With 2 GE's powering it giving it over 7000lbs of thrust it made for some fun trips. So Im liking to the ERJs myself... And they are really pretty!

the 145 in picture....

Originally posted by TrackAddict View Post
                          I tend to like the smaller jets, in particular the CRJs.

This is pretty neat: http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en...jsp?crjId=null

I've always felt that the CRJ family of jets is nicer/better than the Embraer family of jets (regionals) but CRJ needs to add a little bit of styling to their exterior. I know about function over form but a little flair can't hurt, right? LOL!
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                            Maluco, I've decided. We need to have a subforum just for you so we can sticky all your "official" threads and keep them all in one place. They always make for some interesting thought provoking conversation.
                            haha, thanks bro! Creating new threads for the same topic wasn't too efficient so... now if most will just remember to post aviation related info here or search first (yeah right) we got ourselves a good aviation thread.

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            Before I left Delta, I was flying the ERJs and with full glass, the 170 was a super plane to fly. With 2 GE's powering it giving it over 7000lbs of thrust it made for some fun trips. So Im liking to the ERJs myself... And they are really pretty!
                            the 145 in picture....
                            Embraer FTW! I have so much pride in them. My future career with them will one day begin!

Comment

I was dumbfounded when I heard that Boeing didn't get the tanker contract. I swear, I thought that the folks who awarded the contract must have NEVER actually spoken to anyone about Airbus maintenance and parts availablility. For example, domestice aircraft manufacturers use sheet aliminum made in standard thicknesses, .020, .032, .040, .050, .063, .071, .080 yada yada yada. Not Airbus! They have these wierd sheet dimensions that no one makes stateside. IIRC, They manufacture the sheetmetal exclusively in Europe.

I work on old UPS DC-8s but we have a heavy check line for brown-tailed A300's in our hangar. You wouldn't believe the hoops they have to jump through to get the simplest parts. Another example, all the landing gear on an A300 must be replaced every 5 years. To folks not involved in aviation maintenance that may not sound like much. The gear on a 767 will last three times that long and, when eventually replaced, will probably cost less. Airbuses are known for being lightly built (I dont mean that as a compliment). Boeing and Douglas built tanks.

Airbus is going to sodomize the USAF when the orders for repair parts start coming in

Comment

Wow, just read that Southwest had 520 737's at the end of last year. They'll need to place some of those on Ebay if they end up having to pay that record 10.2 mil fine the FAA slapped them with....

Comment

Working...
                                X