check engine light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check engine light?

ok so i took the car on the highway today for the first time and drove for a good 20min at a steady 120kph. the check engine light came on and when i stopped the car had a rough idle and then just died. if i start her and keep her reved she will run fine but as soon as i stop she will die. any ideas? i dont see any vacuum leaks.

just unpluged my o2 sensor and there was no change so it could be that? i will have to get a new one on monday. hopefully that works.

Comment

what o2sensor options do i have? can i use anything?

Comment

I strongly recomend getting a serious one and not a 4wire cheap splice on kind of one. I will toss you a few links to good ones here just a sec, and I first read and thought it was 120MPH lol was thinking maybe thats why the light came on :) here ya go:

http://bmaparts.com/RenderScriptTemp...Fuel+Injection

I just think your Best bet will be OEM cause you dont have to worry about issues with fitment and such, I will be getting one this year from likely either of those places...hope that helps :up:

Comment

haha 120MPH. i wish my car could go that fast. though i dont think i'd drive it that fast on a public highway.

thanks for the link all the same. it turns out it wasnt the o2 after all. i did the stomp code test and it said it was the throttle position switch. so now i have to hunt one of those down.

Comment

sure no problem /\ i was bored last night :)

Comment

Working...
            X