europeanplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
    I bet Tyler has seen enough of this that I'd be very surprised if he doesn't streamline how he handles the Europlate business.

Granted I know Tyler personally, so I have that benefit over people who send him money and never know him - If there ever came a day that he dropped the ball entirely ala' Bimmerfanatic it would be a big surprise. Tyler is smart enough to learn from mistakes, and it seems like he's been brow-beaten enough to realize he had some problems - and he manned up and just owned them. I'd say that was a pretty good start to fixing the problem.
    Something definitely needs to change. Admitting the problem is only the first step, then other steps have to follow. Thing that bothers me is, this is not an isolated incident, and it has been going on for quite some time now. So WHEN will it change, and HOW?

As for the comparison, I think it's a totally reasonable one. Scotty WAS considered to be a great guy, and many stood behind him when he went south. I don't know what the current situation is regarding Scott and all his dealings, but again, it WAS a shock to see what happened with him as well. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy at heart maybe, but his business dealings just aren't reliable and that's a shame. He ruined his own reputation and I don't think he should be allowed to do business here in the future as a result. Nor do I think anyone would WANT to do business with him.

Point is, just knowing someone personally doesn't mean that they are good business people. I have plenty of friends and people I know that I think are cool guys, but I wouldn't necessarily want to do business with them, Scott just being one example. ( I have lost a lot of respect for him now too, which sucks.)

Let Tyler's actions speak for his character, not what people that "know" him have to say about him.

IF his character shows reliable, then sell on. IF not, then I don't think he should be allowed to continue on here advertising and selling.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

I respect your point of view, and mostly agree with you. I've exchanged money with Tyler as well as knowing him as well, so I've been on the other end of money with him too.

I agree with your point that change needs to be made by him, and he's the kind of guy I would expect will make those changes, based on the character he has. But you're right - his future track record will determine if changes he makes stick.

I never knew Scott, nor do I know what events led to him changing his character, and ultimately being banned - but I still think the comparison is harsh. Adam Hanson / Lowen Designs and Scott might belong in the same sentence, but as of yet I really disagree putting Tyler in with either of those guys. Tyler might have slow communications, but he's never shown any dishonesty.

You are right in all points you make, I just bet that Tyler has heard enough to know he needs to make changes.

The saying goes something like "You only need tell a smart person something once" - I know Tyler as a pretty level headed guy, so I bet he'll prove me right when he makes the changes he's been made aware of.

At least I hope for his sake he does.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
        The saying goes something like "You only need tell a smart person something once" - I know Tyler as a pretty level headed guy, so I bet he'll prove me right when he makes the changes he's been made aware of.

At least I hope for his sake he does.
        I hope so too.

Comment

Linus, thanks foor the good words.

Josh, thanks for chatting at the picnic

Zm, you got to email me I do not chekc bimmerforums often

RCWELLS, as we all know you have it out for me, this is not the first post and I am sure it will not be the last as you seemed to follow up on this after all issues where resolved and obviously upset you order in th past is delayed.

As you may know we are not offering a spring set or replacment hose, most of the items are one off custom made! I do not think we made any excusses in this post in fact I think we owned up to the issue, resolved the issue and I though we where all good. RCWELLS I know how to run a business in fact the europeanplates is a small busienss I own and I also am part owner of a much larger business, we go out of the way for customers all of the time in both businesses small or big. I personally process a lot of the orders as well we donate a lot of the profit made from this business. I feel there are at least 100+ happy customers just on r3v and I do not of any that are missing any items at the moment and if so I would and will take care of it.

Thank you all and RCWELLS if you have an issue please PM me and we can chat it about, I think you post is out of line and simply a way to get back at me and my company.

Thanks,

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
          R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

First off Tyler, I don't "have it in" for you or your company (I didn't start this thread).

Secondly, my response was prompted by all the "lip service" that is done on your behalf, trying to convince people that you are a nice guy; maybe you are, but that doesn't mean anything when someone's money is on the line and waiting for a product that should be delivered correctly and in a timely fashion.

My stance was and will remain based on the fact that your actions should dictate how your business is perceived, NOT what a couple of your friends say about you.

I am NOT the only one who has had issues with your business dealings, again, let the record speak for itself.

Have you eventually resolved most, if not all of the issues which customers have had with you? Perhaps. The real issue is that most of what has been complained about shouldn't have been issues in the first place. Unfortunately though, it has seemed to be the norm to have complaints, rather than the exception. Hopefully that will change.

So let your actions from here out determine how your business is perceived.

Comment

RCWELLS,

Did you read the thread, SPEC started it and has been 100% resolved, he even thanked me for my quick follow through once we new there was an issue. Josh and I talked at the Picnic and its water under the bridge. The only other post that did not praise us was a 1-2 time poster who went to all sorts of forums to bash us. There is more that if anyone wants to know.

So what gives? I do not understand our stance at all? There is no lip service, we can not explain our side of the story? it is an open forum correct? I will assume our ratio for happy customers just on this site is 100-1, as well you need to understand we are not hear to take money and offer bad service and to compare us to bimmerfa? is justed %^$#@& wrong. We offer a unique product and no one is ever in the risk of losing there money.

I think this post is dead, everyone has posted and RCWells you have explained your side and I explained ours.

Thanks guys for you support.

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
              R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

europeanplates problems...

Well...
                On may 29th I went on europeanplates.com and bought 2 plate holders and 3 decals for $56.22. A week+ later I get a PM that he doesn't have the holders but will get me the decals and a refund. Well I got the decals but I STILL haven't recieved a refund. I have PMed him and still haven't heard anything back yet. I really didn't want to post up a thread but I would like my $ lol.

you anywhere tyler?
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Problems with Europeanplates? Imagine that.

Going on TWO months and still no refund??

I see you're really working hard to improve your image Tyler.

Comment

yeah I knew ppl were having problems w/ them but I wanted to support him since he's on r3v...
                    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I understand that, but if you will read through the whole thread there, you will find that Ty is still maintaining that he is doing good business, but here is yet ANOTHER example of how he runs his business.

Whatever.

Buyers beware is all I can say about it.

Comment

earth to tyler...come in tyler!

Comment

I was actually going to order some plates and frames but decided to hold off for a while when I saw the other thread. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully do business as well since he's on this forum.

I think I'll look elsewhere...

Good luck to the OP.
                          Originally posted by Simon S
                          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

still no word...

Comment

i actually ordered a 1 simple small "D" oval sticker and spent like 3 bucks total. i waited a month and forgot about it until one day i remembered i ordered it. i messaged him through his paypal and then wallah a sticker came 2-3 days later. amazing...
                              i would be ordering my deutsch plates from him but i think i'll turn to bav auto this go round.

Comment

Tyler, if you've read this at all, I suggest you get in touch with these people and quick. Your future on this site is on thin ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X