No announcement yet.

German Engineering Keyless Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered one, we’ll see if it comes in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

I'll be interested to know if you get yours. I have a set of the flip keys from the beginning 4 years ago. They are falling apart and I'd like to order another set, although this time I'd probably get the e46 style key. It's a much more robust design.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        I'll be interested to know if you get yours. I have a set of the flip keys from the beginning 4 years ago. They are falling apart and I'd like to order another set, although this time I'd probably get the e46 style key. It's a much more robust design.

Even if they don’t come in it looks like everything he had is now offered on eBay.

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

I just keep the fob on my ring for locking and use my factory key. The flip key stopped flipping soon after I bought it
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Just received my tracking info.

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

?

So are these viper unlock systems, just setup for the e30? The fobs by themselves look like viper fobs. I’m curious as if the keys are actually e46 keys that have been coded to the system, or if I could just get some from amazon or eBay to go with this.

Comment

I have a brand new keyless entry kit with the e46 square fob. Has been sitting in storage and I do not plan to install. If anyone is interested in purchasing, please send PM.

Comment

Took a chance and tried to order keyless entry w/ flip keys off the GE website my order got refunded. Waiting for word back if they are selling them any more. If they aren't any recommendations for keyless entry with flip keys in the same price ball park?

Comment

Originally posted by fnf01 View Post
                    Took a chance and tried to order keyless entry w/ flip keys off the GE website my order got refunded. Waiting for word back if they are selling them any more. If they aren't any recommendations for keyless entry with flip keys in the same price ball park?

Just get the e46 style key from them and remove the metal key part so you only have a fob. Use your existing key with the new e46 fob. You won’t have a flip style but you will have a keyless entry that you know works and is easy to install.

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
                      Just get the e46 style key from them and remove the metal key part so you only have a fob. Use your existing key with the new e46 fob. You won’t have a flip style but you will have a keyless entry that you know works and is easy to install.

Little lost as to how this answers the questions of if Einstein is selling these anymore or what a good option elsewhere would be at similar price? From your response it sounds like you know GE is selling the e46 key kit but only looking to get the flip key fob.

Looks like I did find this kit on eBay with flip keys just not 100% sure, if I don’t hear back from GE or other with first hand experience I’ll probably just order that. Comes from UK from turborevs looks the same so probably use the GE instructions on here.

Comment

I would recommend staying away from the flip keys. I have tried numerous sets including GE's and the blank that comes with these kits are very difficult to cut for the lock smiths I have went to.

Also the stock key is wider so you have to modify the fob for it to fit. I was able to make it work after lots of trial and error by having a regular blank key cut then shaping that key to fit the fob and it works pretty well but considering you have to modify the fob portion it makes it look cheap and in my opinion not worth it.

I have purchased 4 or 5 different sets of flip keys off of ebay, including the most expensive set they had on there. The fob portions worked fine on all of them. The key blank was the issue on all of them. Good luck with your decision.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by fnf01 View Post
                          Little lost as to how this answers the questions of if Einstein is selling these anymore or what a good option elsewhere would be at similar price? From your response it sounds like you know GE is selling the e46 key kit but only looking to get the flip key fob.

Looks like I did find this kit on eBay with flip keys just not 100% sure, if I don’t hear back from GE or other with first hand experience I’ll probably just order that. Comes from UK from turborevs looks the same so probably use the GE instructions on here.

I’m not sure if GE is still selling the flip key, my point was I know they still have the e46 style because I just purchased another one. At the end up the day I would assuming a good working keyless entry is what’s important and the GE e46 style has worked great for me for the past 3 years. You can go eBay but I’ve only heard bad things.

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

I currently have a drone mobile alarm system Will this attach to it? I want to have the fob with the flip key.

Comment

Are the systems with the E46 still available?

Comment

Originally posted by bnmueller View Post
                                Are the systems with the E46 still available?

I got one a couple months ago.

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Working...
                                X