No announcement yet.

Bringing my dad's car back to its former glory and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, very cool story and I'm glad you're maintaining the car. Keep it up!
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Been a while since I've posted so I figured I'd throw in some pictures I've taken since the wheels were installed and a couple projects I've been working on.

Shortly after installing the wheels I threw an 8mm spacer on the rears to get them sitting a bit more flush with the front. So now Im at et25 in front and et17 in the rear

With these new silver faced wheels with polished lips, I'm trying to move more towards that color scheme with the car overall. So I purhcased some 87 pop-outs from a local member and pulled upper door trim from an 87 at pick-n-pull. The pop-outs need a little paint stripper applied, but will soon do the trick!

And some pictures I couldnt resist taking while walking away after parking... I know you all know the urge!

Sorry the pictures are low quality and always bad lighting, but its just the nature of the beast.
      Last edited by dadsbmw; 08-03-2015, 04:20 PM.
      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Great job so far man and love the story. Keep it up!
        sigpic
        '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
        Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Id vote for car of the month. cant keep my eyes off it.

Comment

Ha thanks man! Neither can I!
            1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
            1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by CENTURION View Post
              Id vote for car of the month. cant keep my eyes off it.
              if we HAD a car of the month! haha... Im working on bringing it back
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Awesome story and awesome car! 370k nice!!!!!! How do you like the wheels? Looking for something similar wondering how these are. If you could shoot me a PM that would be great! But really sweet car man!!
                1990 S50 Calypso-rot 325i

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  if we HAD a car of the month! haha... Im working on bringing it back
                  That would be nice. anything I can do or any other members to get it started?
                  I nominate Dadsbmw

Comment

just be patient, and then bitch when his car doesnt get picked.... followed later by applause when it IS selected ;)

OP keep it up, I love the subtle improvements
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This is so cool!!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Good progress so far. You should definitely paint the rear parcel shelf. I did on my 318is:

'90 318is

Comment

Good call, I agree. However I've gotta find a grey that matches the interior well...

Comment

Great work and even greater Story.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great progress so far! 215/45's?

Comment

205/50 I believe

Comment

Working...
                                X