No 535iS option on Realoem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 535iS option on Realoem

Any thoughts why E28 535iS is not an option on Realoem? Maybe I am missing something? S package E30 cars show up as an option.

I believe the only US E30 "is" listed is the 1991 318is, and for the ROW they also list the 320is. My suspicion is that they have them listed for differentiation purposes, to not confuse them with their more plebeian brethren, and as the "is" stuff is generally bolt on, rather than significant modification.

As to the E28, IIRC all of the "is" bits are listed under the standard 535i as sport package stuff. Here I suspect that there is not enough differentiation to necessitate another model heading.

Comment

Cool! I'll check out "sport package stuff"

Comment

Best to input the last seven digits and never have any doubt you're looking at the right diagrams. As mentioned above they'd probably be the same 535 diagrams. Part numbers won't be listed and they'll be light grey in the picture if they aren't on your car.

Comment

That's because it's not really a model. It's a 535i with sport options that BMW North America marketed as a 535is. It's the same deal with the 325is, which is a 325i with sport options (except for the 325is models in South Africa which were their own special models). The 318is was an actual model, as was the 320is (as roguetoaster pointed out). So the actual model designation really centers around the engine. The 4 door 320is had an S14, so they still called it 320is. BMW North America ordered the 318is in a 4 door and convertible, but down-badged them as a regular 318i and kept the 318is designation only for the 2 door.
          Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Part numbers will not be listed, and if they aren't on your automobile, they will appear light grey in the image. drift boss

Comment

Working...
            X