No announcement yet.

M42 Cam Gears NLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that they can change suppliers for various reasons but I still thought the new supplier had to manufacture the part to BMW's design.

Anyone with a e36 Bentley that shows the sprockets or an early 90's photo?

Comment

I can look in my Bentley later for pics.

BMW would release more of a functional guideline, the supplier can make changes to cut costs etc as long as it still meets the spec. I highly doubt the top of the tooth shape was of any concern.
      -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Pictures in the Bentley are all M44 that show the cam sprockets. I took a pic but I cant upload so its probably too big.

I have an extra set of M42 cam gears with square teeth sitting on my shelf. I have no need for them and they are in good shape. If someone wants them I will sell them for a reasonable price to help get my own E30 back on the road. I dont think its necessary to switch from the pointy gears...but if it makes you feel better having them its worth the peace of mind.
        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

There should be a Bentley out there with a publication date pre M44. My personal e46 Bentley was printed in 01 before any of the facelift e46 cars were produced.

Comment

Working...
          X