Make Diving Boards Great Again. 86 325e ALP.WHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Diving Boards Great Again. 86 325e ALP.WHT

What up guys it finally happened. after 2 weeks of searing (thank you 2man and iron-e for your help)

at first i really didnt want a diving board, but i realized i can always change the aesthetics of a car later. I wanted a good reliable daily driver.

I saw Mike's CL post and met him up for test drive late last night.
    Mike was an older gentlemen that lived in San Marino. He bought this car off his neighbor who is a 75 year old, paid $1800, and put in $3400 into refreshing the car. It drove amazing with cold AC and new clutch/transmission. no sign of oil leaks and everything was up to par.

Body wise theres some work to do (trims can be retouched) and i want to switch out these dreadful bottlecaps.

Either way this is my new daily driver and i am super happy. Im hoping i can learn alot about this car and pass it on to my future kids. We'll see.

Last edited by tonytones; 08-23-2018, 09:38 AM. Reason: New Title

Nice car! Also, if you park it on the street, you'll come to love the diving boards! Also, convertible diving boards are slightly shorter and might fit?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      Nice car! Also, if you park it on the street, you'll come to love the diving boards! Also, convertible diving boards are slightly shorter and might fit?
      Thinking of tucking it.

All the plastic i saw recently on offer up and CL was either super modded or way to over priced. Im happy just need to clean it up a little bit

Comment

x2

88 diving board shocks and cabrio ones are a nice little tuck... of course you could just drill out the shock and push them in. suspension and wheels and you'll be loving it... then buy this:

M20B25 wiring plus this head, proper cam, 19# injectors and a sssquid chip and you have a wonderful car on your hands
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have a set of basketweaves with caps that just came off my 318is.

One cap was painted a light metallic gold, but you can’t really notice it. All other caps look like the original caps for the wheels.

Tires are decent, drivable, but they’re old and we’re cheap to begin with. I’d recommend replacing.

Pretty rashed, though.

1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
          2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
          2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
          2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
          1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
          1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by tonytones View Post
            Thinking of tucking it.

All the plastic i saw recently on offer up and CL was either super modded or way to over priced. Im happy just need to clean it up a little bit
            Tucking it is an option, but I would rather have the benefit of the shocks in case of a crash.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Tucking it is an option, but I would rather have the benefit of the shocks in case of a crash.
              Arent the shocks pretty useless? It looks like my valance is bent up and small crack in chrome bumper already. Old man i got the car from prob. ran in into his garage lol

Comment

Buy yourself some SEM Trim paint. It will be worth the $20 per can...
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Looks like a good start dude! Funny, my boss (Aaron) was telling me that one of his friends was looking to get an E30. Saw this, and asked if it was you and he said yes! Small world for sure, if you ever need help with anything, let me know!
                  "When in doubt, flat out."
                  https://www.instagram.com/chantarss/

Comment

Originally posted by CHANTARS View Post
                    Looks like a good start dude! Funny, my boss (Aaron) was telling me that one of his friends was looking to get an E30. Saw this, and asked if it was you and he said yes! Small world for sure, if you ever need help with anything, let me know!
                    ayeeee Aaron is the man!

I appreciate it. ill def have questions for you ;)

Comment

UPDATE gave her a wash
                      so far replaced clutch fan
                      replaced coolant sensor
                      replaced temp sensor.

Shes running good, just need to replace some cracked VAC to help with IDLE and she will be golden. Trims will be painted and diving board polished. Plan on tucking in the diving boards just a little bit.

Currently looking for basketweaves / new front valance / new front lip

im thinking of lowering the back a little bit to even out the ride.

Comment

A clean car is the best mod. Nice!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Pretty good canvas to start. Great daily too!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tonytones View Post
                            im thinking of lowering the back a little bit to even out the ride.
                            Are you on stock suspension?

you can remove spring caps in the rear to drop it down a tab, but I would look at getting a Bilstein / H&R Race spring combo... theres two sets for sale locally for ~$400
                            Last edited by 2mAn; 08-08-2018, 07:49 AM.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Blue plate special. Sweet car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X