Hi R3V, Just another schwarz E30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi R3V, Just another schwarz E30...

Long time lurker, finally joined. Used to frequent roadlfy, e30tech, mye28 and bimmerboard back in the day, just never got around to joining here till this week.

About 4 years ago I was lucky enough to obtain a well cared for, rust free 91 325i, 125k miles with plenty of tasteful OEM+ upgrades.
    Starting my 3rd M30b35 swap with a Bimmerhead head and figured I might as well post something to say and show off the ride.

Previous Bimmers include two 89 325ixs, 97 528i, 82 528e and now a winter daily 89 325ix and summer garage queen 91 325i which this post is mainly about. I've also parted out a dozen or more E30s, E32s, E34, E23 and E36 so these are definately in my blood.

About 4 years ago I was lucky enough to obtain a well cared for, rust free 91 325i, 125k miles with plenty of tasteful OEM+ upgrades then added my own touches.

PO did:
    IS side skirts
    shadowline window trim
    MTech 2 rear spoiler
    rear headrests
    dyed black rear speaker deck
    H&R sports springs
    Bilstein sport shocks
    Euro smiley ellipsoids
    Euro headlight grilles
    Fogged side/front markers
    Remote keyless entry
    Dark tint
    Premium speakers all around

My upgrades:
    Black vinyl sport seats
    E34 armrests...properly mounted!
    Mark D chip
    All LED interior lights
    Dual trunk lights
    E32 leather ebrake handle
    E32 chrome headlight rings
    Matt-B Leather ebrake/shifter boots
    13 button OBC
    Powder coated valve cover
    Powder coated intake
    Many powder coated brackets under the hood
    Silicone coolant hoses
    Sport stearing wheel
    OEM rear mudflaps
    Large trunk toolkit
    Dash volt meter
    Alpine amp and subs with Alpine controller in ash tray spot

Without further delay...

Currently in the works, m30b35 swap, Bimmerheads head, rebuilding the bottom as well. Nutin crazy, just a fresh motor.

89 325ix winter daily. Just as clean on the inside as the 91 above. Black vinyl comforts, crack free dash and so on.

My E30 basement couch (will be welded up next year)

Previous M30 swaps. Same motor, trans, different bodies.
    2nd transplant of this is in a black 89 325i, Cali car, no rust
    88 M30B35
    Mark D chip
    E30.de brackets
    3.73 LSD
    260 Trans
    Z3 shift lever
    E34 M5 clutch
    Mazda RX7 front calipers/ VW Corrado rotors
    Urethane motor/trans mounts
    H&R Race springs+Bilstein sport shocks
    E36 318i steering rack
    3" stainless exhaust with remote cut out under passenger seat

So... hello R3V!
    91 325i M30B35 swap in the works
    89 235ix winter daily
    ---
    89 325ix sold
    89 325ix parted
    82 528e sold
    97 528i sold
    Dozen or so other parted E30s

C'mon, no love??

How bout dyno of both the 91 and the m30 swap in it's second shell. Yes, the guy at the shop who posted the videos got the descriptions wrong and it's not an Mtech, and it did have a Mark D chip at the time...

M30 swap in it's second body.

3" PVC intake, 3" catless exhaust. 1988 735iL engine 260/6 trans. MarkD chip. 190WHP 200WTQ

How bout M30B35 head gasket nastiness? Just tore this apart last night to send the head in to Bimmerheads and the block to a local shop. RTV coming out of everywhere, including that rtv worm. Chain tensioner broken pieces, chain guide was loose and worn half through.

Head bolts

Buying another e32 tomorrow, 92 735i for spare motor and parts. Build thread will happen when decent progress is made.
    89 235ix winter daily
    ---
    89 325ix sold
    89 325ix parted
    82 528e sold
    97 528i sold

Comment

i support your #m30build
      Paynemw
      1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
      the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
      1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

I love those armrest, I have a set but I just haven't taken the time to measure and cut my seat frames.

Very clean car overall! I'm debating going the M30 route too.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah also a big 6 fan, family member owns a 535i just under 200000km on the clock and that car still pulls strong, engine has been well serviced and also all original.
          I purchased a 528i a while back basically sold the rolling shell body and kept everything else I am also considering swapping it into my e30 just researching the possibilities beforehand.

Will follow progress for sure. PS those e34 armrests fit really well I would have never thought "Idea's"

Comment

Originally posted by slum dog View Post
            PS those e34 armrests fit really well I would have never thought "Idea's"
            Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
            I love those armrest, I have a set but I just haven't taken the time to measure and cut my seat frames.

Thanks. I can't find my install pics right now but the toughest part of it (besides cutting holes in mint vinyl sports...) was putting the backer panel back on. Since the bracket has a post on it, you have to stretch the panel around that and the tilt arm which is on the other side of the seat. I believe I used 1 of the 2 existing holes in the metal frame. It almost seemed like it was ready for armrests till you realize the hole spacing is off, but the height placement is right.

Make sure to put some thought and testing in the height so it doesn't rest on the seat belt receiver. At first you'll think its a bad idea cuz its directly above it, till you realize it will tilt in towards your body when you use the seat belt, thus clearing it with no interference.

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
            i support your #m30build
            :up: yea, I can't wait!
            89 235ix winter daily
            ---
            89 325ix sold
            89 325ix parted
            82 528e sold
            97 528i sold

Comment