Alpinweiss 86 325es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpinweiss 86 325es

Hey guys, I'd like to introduce myself here for the first time. My name is Max and I've owned my Alpinweiss/Pacific e30 for about 5 years. It's my second e30, the first being my dad's old 1984 Baltic Blue 325e that was sold after I curb stomped the oilpan when I was 16, which I still feel bad about to this day.

Since then, I've had the pleasure of owning this diamond in the rough:

It's not the prettiest e30 out there, but it's still mine and I accept it for all its flaws. It used to live in Oregon and I'm pretty sure a PO ran it off the road based on the missing valance and large dents under the spare tire. The car was only $250 and had a shot transmission when my dad and I purchased it. We sourced a mystery Getrag 260 from Craigslist to swap in, unsure if it would even work, but lo and behold it's still churning.

I've been in college for the last 4 years and I only get to drive it when I'm home on breaks, but I'm graduating this month so I'll finally be reunited long-term. The e30 has always been my DD, but I'm probably getting another car for commuting in LA. My plan is to use the e30 as a weekend driver/track/autox car. I did my first autox a few months ago and it was stupid fun. Even despite the M20B27, it's a blast to just open up the sunroof and drive.

I've always wanted to invest in a few mods, but I'm generally broke as fuck so the e30 has remained mostly stock... My plan is to start putting some money into suspension and handling, maybe get a set of 15" wheels, and drive the hell out of it. I expect it will take a few months before anything happens, but I'll update this thread whenever I make any progress. Looking forward to earning lots here!

Last edited by WestCoastEta; 05-10-2015, 05:09 PM.
Working...
X