Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to get into shipping just yet, but if it comes to that, I'll be sure to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
      I don't want to get into shipping just yet, but if it comes to that, I'll be sure to let you know.
      sent you a PM
      JP
      WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
      88 325 super eta
      00 528i/5 (daily)
      02 530iA sport

Former
      04 525iA sport
      87 325is
      91 325i
      97 528i

Comment

you guys see these guys on youtube make a e30 vert into a hot tub? Pissed they destroyed it. Lots of good parts.
        "I wanna see da boat movie"
        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
          you guys see these guys on youtube make a e30 vert into a hot tub? Pissed they destroyed it. Lots of good parts.

I was annoyed initially, but it was a rusty vert. Yes, it has a lot of awesome Euro parts, but its just another vert for him. He is also a big fan of E30s so I dunno. He mustve known it wasnt a cherry example
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
            He talks about it here:

Ok E30 Lovers I'm one of you to and just thought I'd post a few pics of the car up close as in the video (see link) people are crying I wreaked a good car but I found the worst one I could that still...
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

My car today during acceleration in 4th gear just started stumbling really harsh. Engine shaking, acceleration was really lumpy then I pulled up to my house turned it off then back on and everything was fine ?!? No codes besides a pre existing ambient air temp sensor code that is unplugged because it got torn up from hittin the ground. Any ideas ? It's an 04 zhp 330ci.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation of a shop to bring my E88 to?

I told a couple of you, but, the battery had died after sitting for about a month. I had it jumped, and it idled for about 20 minutes, and then when I went to take it for a drive to charge it, I noticed that it had overheated. (I didn't drive it, I just shut it off).

I'm not willing to attempt to work on my 135, and I don't have the tools, time, or ability to do myself.

Dealership wants $210/hour without diagnostics being rolled into repairs, and will not discuss the issue at all without paying diagnostics.

Water pump was replaced about 2 years ago with 1,500 miles put on the car since - Could the battery be the entire issue? There was condensation on the windshield and hood of my car, so it seems unlikely. No coolant leak on the ground.

Prefer that the shop is enthusiast owned and works on BMWs almost exclusively, or at least enthusiast performance cars only.
                1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post

Prefer that the shop is enthusiast owned and works on BMWs almost exclusively, or at least enthusiast performance cars only.
                  I think you know the answer to this, take it to GAS.

Dealership wants $210/hour without diagnostics being rolled into repairs, and will not discuss the issue at all without paying diagnostics.
                  Everyone is going to charge you at least an hour of diag time to figure out the problem. As far as overheating, they're gonna pressure test it to look for leaks. They're also gonna let it idle for half an hour to try to reproduce the issue.

That being said, I can see the battery going dead after sitting for a month, especially if the battery is already sorta old.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    I think you know the answer to this, take it to GAS.

Everyone is going to charge you at least an hour of diag time to figure out the problem. As far as overheating, they're gonna pressure test it to look for leaks. They're also gonna let it idle for half an hour to try to reproduce the issue.

That being said, I can see the battery going dead after sitting for a month, especially if the battery is already sorta old.
                    Mainly just seeing other options from GAS. But it’s probably where it’s going.

I’m just kind of used to diag being rolled into repair. Bay Area is the first place I’ve ever lived where Diag is separate, and at labor rates, it’s pretty intense.

The battery is probably as old as the car, honestly. So I know it needs to be replaced. I’m just not sure how reliant everything is on the battery dying. I know it causes funky stuff, just not how much.

Really just trying to avoid a $3,500 repair on a car I’m looking to get rid of.
                    2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                    2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

I told a couple of you, but, the battery had died after sitting for about a month. I had it jumped, and it idled for about 20 minutes, and then when I went to take it for a drive to charge it, I noticed that it had overheated. (I didn't drive it, I just shut it off).

I'm not willing to attempt to work on my 135, and I don't have the tools, time, or ability to do myself.

Water pump was replaced about 2 years ago with 1,500 miles put on the car since - Could the battery be the entire issue? There was condensation on the windshield and hood of my car, so it seems unlikely. No coolant leak on the ground.

A lil far from you but Casey motor sport in Petaluma is awesome. They guy Sean Casey really knows his stuff. His collection out front speaks for its self.

i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So, on top of all else, the replacement oil pan I had for my M42 is dinged, and one of the bolt holes doesn't align.

Looks like I'm still in need of a new oil pan!
                        2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                        2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                          My car today during acceleration in 4th gear just started stumbling really harsh. Engine shaking, acceleration was really lumpy then I pulled up to my house turned it off then back on and everything was fine ?!? No codes besides a pre existing ambient air temp sensor code that is unplugged because it got torn up from hittin the ground. Any ideas ? It's an 04 zhp 330ci.
                          When my M5 would do that same thing it ended up being a bad coil.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                            When my M5 would do that same thing it ended up being a bad coil.

I need a couple things from the junkyard I'll grab a few coils too. Thanks.

i love bmws

Comment

Who's got an S52 crank?

Comment

Anyone got a manual trans crossmember/ shiftier linkage laying around?

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                                1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                                1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                                1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                                1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                                1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                                Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                                1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                                1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                                X