No announcement yet.

My beginners photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 50 is a good if not the best way to add very affordable fast glass to your bag. They are very very versitial no doubt about that. But it can be sort of hard to make "interesting or dramatic" images due to its inherent perspective . It has a very similar perspective to our eyes so things "look like they are supposed to". Unlike if you use a Telephoto you compress your DOF and this makes features look larger and more dramatic, as when you use a wide angle you add lots of separation in DOF and make things look a bit smaller than they are naturally. The good thing with the fast aperture though you get that wonderful shallow DOF to get you subject isolation

Here is my most recent 50mm image
    IMG_6040 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

50's are a fun lens to use. But, on a crop body, as I recommended before, a 35 might be a little more versatile.

50mm f/1.8 on a d3100

20140525-DSC_1529 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yeah Ive been enjoying the 35mm fixed lens I got for Christmas. I like the crispness/DOF it has shooting cars. A 50 might be hard to get full car shots at shows. Soon here Ill get out and try to get some urban landscape type photos.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

good eye! try getting a little closer with some shots, the car doesnt have to be in full view every time. make an interesting or artist element of the car, or the landscape, the focal point

for instance, this was a good shot, but framed with more focus on the landscape and nice evening lighting gives it a whole different feel:

Comment

Few more, nothing crazy. Been using my 35mm lens all the time. I would like to get out more often to keep practicing. The last shot just lacks a feel to it but I liked the layout with the sign.

Skyline by Nick Reichart, on Flickr
            Engine Out by Nick Reichart, on Flickr
            Porsche Rear by Nick Reichart, on Flickr
            No Tres3 by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
            X