Sticky Speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky Speedo

I know I can't be the only one that has done this but searching has come up with nothing.

I refurbed my own cluster and set the correct odo mileage as the final step. Now after putting the speedo needle back on the needle sticks in a couple of places. When starting out from a stop the needle doesn't move until I reach about 25mph. When it does move it moves very quickly to the correct speed. It also sticks around 80 and won't respond to a drop in speed until I slow to 60 or so. Again, the needle will leap quickly to the correct speed.

Can I shoot some silicone lube into the needle area? I can't feel a noticeable catch or stiffness when moving the needle by hand but its clearly getting stuck on something.

Just a guess is that you bent the pin.

I hate silicone lube. Bought some and then realised it has no place around a car - if only for that it will be the bane of a re-paint job. I had a duffle bag of car wash stuff, and I put my silicone lube in there, and it leaked out. It's all going in the trash now. All of it.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
    X