Alternator Not Charging/No battery light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator Not Charging/No battery light

A about a week ago my 88 ix’s battery died after changing my ac belt and it turned out that the alternator belt came loose. I was surprised at how fast the battery died. I re-tensioned the alternator belt and charged the battery and but my battery still died a day later.

I’m not sure if the loose belt was what started this problem or if it’s a weird coincidence, but I have no battery indicator when I turn the key on (bulb is good) and no charging coming from the alternator when the car is running. I replaced the alternator with another one I had off a blown motor but still nothing.

Terminals on the battery and alternator are clean. One thing I noticed are 2 of 3 wires running along the timing belt cover that I neglected to tend to when installing the engine have been slightly worn down by a belt (image), one leads to a connector under the engine, but to my knowledge, none of these have to do with charging, do they?
    Any input is appreciated as I am a 16 year old who hates taking the bus when my car breaks. Lol
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tested around and found that my exciter wire on the alternator only has about 2 volts when the ignition is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X