F20C powered 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first post!!

registered to keep an eye on this. I would be very interested in this kit.

Comment

subbed
      Originally posted by blunttech
      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
      :shock:

Comment

In for update and pricing?

Comment

Any updates here?
          ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Agreed - any updates would be awesome! Looking to do this myself

Comment

Subscribed.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                There's a K20 to BMW transmission adapter package available from KMiata.

I bought one for my E36 K20 swap with EFR7163. The quality of the pieces is fantastic. And this will make my swap so much easier than making a bunch of custom stuff. Pretty much all I need to fab are the 2 front motor mounts and the turbo manifold. OK, there's a lot more, but it'll be infinitely easier than trying to swap in the Honda trans too.
                A big youtuber used that kit kit and found exactly what I suspected, the bmw trans and slave doesn't work very well for that setup. He's gone through 2 transmissions in the last few months.

We did another test fit with the new modified mount brackets, studded mounts (revshift), a stock throttle body, and the new one piece driveshaft. I'm glad we did because we found a few problems.

Last edited by Fucatypr; 10-14-2018, 06:40 AM.
                1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
                1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
                1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
                1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Lmk if you guys have a swap kit available.
                  Shoots And aloha!

- 1991 318is - 1991 325i
                  Last edited by D3’min; 10-12-2018, 03:19 AM. Reason: Just cause

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post
                    A big youtuber used that kit kit and found exactly what I suspected, the bmw trans and slave doesn't work very well for that setup. He's gone through 2 transmissions in the last few months.
                    Could you please point the way? I'd like to avoid whatever pitfalls he has identified.

Comment

any updates on the kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
                        any updates on the kit?
                        The upper and lower trans mounts are done but we are changing the design of the motor mounts slightly. We are also changing the design of the harness so that you will only need our jumper harness to get the car running. With this change you can also use the stock s2000 engine harness or ANY aftermarket s2000 engine harness.

We've seen too many "kits" for other swaps that just don't work or it takes months to get the car running. Our goal is to get as many cars running as possible once the kit is released. We don't want you to have months of gather parts and pieces and trouble shooting stuff. We just want you to have a complete kit that works for a reasonable price.
                        1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post
                          The upper and lower trans mounts are done but we are changing the design of the motor mounts slightly. We are also changing the design of the harness so that you will only need our jumper harness to get the car running. With this change you can also use the stock s2000 engine harness or ANY aftermarket s2000 engine harness.

We've seen too many "kits" for other swaps that just don't work or it takes months to get the car running. Our goal is to get as many cars running as possible once the kit is released. We don't want you to have months of gather parts and pieces and trouble shooting stuff. We just want you to have a complete kit that works for a reasonable price.
                          Any ETA on kit?

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
                            Any ETA on kit?
                            It looks like 6 months or less right now. The prototype of the production oil pan should be done in a few weeks and the new design of the harness should be done around the same time. Once both are tested we will go into production.
                            1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

I did say we like hondas...motor and trans., j35 with an Andrews trans

[/QUOTE]

I would love to see this in an E30
                              sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

awesome update, now I'm just wondering how hard it would be to adapt your kit to a K series motor. I know K swaps are happening in the s2000 world. you have K Miata to compete with but my guess is their stuff is going to be insanely expensive.

I'm looking a k series engines mainly due to the fact that F series motors are becoming more rare/costly especially since they've stopped producing short blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X