Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Greyhound for shipping on large parts. It will save you a ton.

Comment

1. File insurance claim.
      2. Sell Kopi wheels.
      3. Fix e30 w/ Kopi wheel money.
      4. Fix peoples mailbox.
      5. Take driver improvement classes to lower your now high insurance, but also to protect your e30 from yourself.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Did the scene look kinda like this?

nostalgia ultra haha
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
          They are winter rims and came on the car. I hate them too. (it snows alot here and the shit they put on the roads will EAT the kopis alive.)
          I am already fixing the guys fence myself.
          Shop just quoted for the Traverse at $1300 not filing a claim.
          coming up roses! Just be wary about "surprise" repairs along the way since you'll be on the hook. Stuff they can't see from the surface and due to the nature of the business, don't know about until they dig in. So set aside some money just in case

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Deleted (added all this info to the original post)
            Last edited by J Mid; 02-27-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Did the scene look kinda like this?

nostalgia ultra haha
              Not gonna lie......yea

Comment

The back is bad too.....
                Attached Files

Comment

You're a good sport about it and aren't hiding from your mistakes, so you can expect a lot of help from the members here along with a healthy dose of (well deserved) shit. :p

Take care of your obligations to everyone else first, and get your electrical issue figured out as a first priority. Download a copy of the E30 Bentley manual and start troubleshooting.

That'll get your car running for now, though I agree that driver's education might be a good idea for you as well unless you have a good explanation for how you managed all of that carnage in one day...

Comment

Most of us have done worse. Go through insurance and get it all fixed.

Fix your neighbors fence first, before your parents say anything. If they see you fixing your mistakes, you'll be WAY better off.
                    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                      Use Greyhound for shipping on large parts. It will save you a ton.
                      Never shipped anything large enough to warrant shipping via greyhound but considering it was about $120 to ship a G260 a valence wouldn't be that bad.

The back is bad too.....
                      Once you get around to it you could probably pull the dents out with a spot welder dent puller thingy. Hardest part will be matching the paint ;)
                      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                        You're a good sport about it and aren't hiding from your mistakes, so you can expect a lot of help from the members here along with a healthy dose of (well deserved) shit. :p

Take care of your obligations to everyone else first, and get your electrical issue figured out as a first priority. Download a copy of the E30 Bentley manual and start troubleshooting.

That'll get your car running for now, though I agree that driver's education might be a good idea for you as well unless you have a good explanation for how you managed all of that carnage in one day...
                        I already took and passed drivers ed with an A+ drivers ed is kind of a joke and didn't really help me. I have a Bentley manual already. I will take a look. Electrical stuff scares me though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                          Once you get around to it you could probably pull the dents out with a spot welder dent puller thingy. Hardest part will be matching the paint ;)
                          I think I'd try hammering it out from the inside before dealing with a dent puller. Seems like they always mess up your sheet metal with holes.

I already took and passed drivers ed with an A+ drivers ed is kind of a joke and didn't really help me. I have a Bentley manual already. I will take a look. Electrical stuff scares me though.
                          Yeah driver's ed is a joke. I don't know if you're old enough, but sign up for one of those driver's training courses they have for teens and whatnot. I forget exactly what they're called and who hosts them. Doing some autocross would help too.

Comment

I have a Bentley manual already. I will take a look. Electrical stuff scares me though.
                            Don't work on electrical issues when you're stressed out, tired, or in a hurry.

With that stated, start by examining your fuses. A surprisingly high percentage of electrical problems are a result of blown or corroded fuses (I write from experience, most recently an E28 which had a few problems which were all fuse related). After you've done that, look in the damaged areas for pinched or cut wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              I think I'd try hammering it out from the inside before dealing with a dent puller. Seems like they always mess up your sheet metal with holes.

Yeah driver's ed is a joke. I don't know if you're old enough, but sign up for one of those driver's training courses they have for teens and whatnot. I forget exactly what they're called and who hosts them. Doing some autocross would help too.
                              I took one of those to it was called B.R.A.K.E.S and was instructed by a bunch of ex race car drivers. The most fun I had in that class was talking to them about cars. One of them actually raced e30's and had 3 of them. Anyways we did a whole bunch of stuff like skid control (they wrapped plastic around the back tires of Kias i guess similar to what people do with trays and let us drive corners like that.) We did reaction lane changing and a whole bunch of stuff. I really do want to be a good driver and not an idiot. My dream is to get an e90 335i senior year, but this is obviously a huge set back.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                                Don't work on electrical issues when you're stressed out, tired, or in a hurry.

With that stated, start by examining your fuses. A surprisingly high percentage of electrical problems are a result of blown or corroded fuses (I write from experience, most recently an E28 which had a few problems which were all fuse related). After you've done that, look in the damaged areas for pinched or cut wiring.
                                Well yea a few wires are completely unplugged so thats why I'm hoping its grounds and stuff. There are wires hanging under the car they aren't torn but unplugged.

Comment

Working...
                                X