No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is happening in the world of this e30?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      Last time I talked to Charlie he was going to be in Germany around this time... and no, he isnt going to the Nurburgring... we should forever harass him about this :hitler:
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

He's been working on his e36 but he did bring this car up to the Angeles cruise a couple of weeks ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
          was mia for a while, sorry to hear what happened to your car, any updates?
          Yea, I've done a handful of small projects but not posted... I usually post updates while I'm at work over lunch but they recently blocked filesharing (googlephotos :( )

acquired a fiberglass hood, mounted it with hood pins

not much :p I've been hustling to get my e36 done so I have space to do more fun e30 projects (like new exhaust with euro headers, UUC corsa catback and center exit :D or supercharger or cage )

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Last time I talked to Charlie he was going to be in Germany around this time... and no, he isnt going to the Nurburgring... we should forever harass him about this :hitler:
          hahaha damn man I was only in germany for 2.5 days and nowhere near the nurburgring... I go back every year or two so one of these times it'll be on the list

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
          He's been working on his e36 but he did bring this car up to the Angeles cruise a couple of weeks ago.
          yes. I've been driving the e30 here and there. It still rips like a mofo.. but I've been concentrating all resources on my e36
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

Where is that build thread?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where is that build thread?

here

and I've been super lazy updating this one too :p already finished and installed the suspension, motor, drivetrain, brakes, wiring, most of AC, exhaust, accessories... might be firing it up this weekend.... man I owe some updates
              Shadetree30

Comment

is asking for an update 4 months later a bit too hasty?

Comment

is asking for an update 4 months later a bit too hasty?
                  I was just about to post an update when I saw your comment and got intimidated.
                  Shadetree30

Comment

oof, so close
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                      I was just about to post an update when I saw your comment and got intimidated.
                      lol, like the eel in an aquarium you've been waiting to come out from under a rock for like an hour.

Comment

Update update update

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Alright fine. Since you guys have been so patient ill give you a little gift. Honestly, I haven't been working on the e30 much since I've been so focused on the e36 but I've snuck in some projects here and there. I have a few more to post but here are the most recent.

First is the hood vent. I've had it in a box on the shelf for like 6 months. Came from n15 designs and looks fantastic. I will have some support ribs tacked onto it and powdercoat it black. I also installed it with stainless countersunk allen bolts into some ebay china cheap beauty washers. Looks great in my opinion.

Here's an overview of how the hood looks now.

Also snagged some blacked out badges from ebay/poland. Not sure if these are actually replicas, oem badges, or some hybrid but they look damn close to oem quality and appearance.

I also used more stainless allen bolts and beauty washers on the hood pin stike plates

The battery is dead as a doornail. I've never replaced it in the 6 years I've owned it and it was already certainly a few years old when I bought the car. It's been weak/dying for a while so no surprise. Decided to replace it with a lightweight odyssey unit and take the opportunity to replace the clamps/terminals from the body cables plus add in a battery disconnect switch so I can easily de-energize the car when I need to perform electrical related maintenance (the original terminals and battery posts have gotten really chewed up from being removed/replace so many times)

Here's the hood on the car in the dark

In the meantime our property has been growing its car collection. My roomate took on a few side projects. Here you see an international scout (getting a full roof installed, rust repaired, interior redone, and paint), and a '64 (I think) impala SS all original except for the corvette LS3 and wilwood BBK (getting a general tune up before the owner sells it). When I say the impala is original, I mean it's got only 70k miles on it and is unrestored and really doesn't need it. The whole car is mint.

Lastly, I knew the car leaked but not this badly. We got a load of rain here in socal over the past 2 weeks and here's the water I vacuumed out of the car after it stopped.... I'll either be covering it or garaging it from here on out. Especially with that big hole in the hood

ENJOY!!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 01-30-2019, 11:15 AM.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

(praisehands) Thank you for the update. :) Someone is good at drawing the devil too. lol

Comment

(praisehands) Thank you for the update. :) Someone is good at drawing the devil too. lol
                              I hope you're happy now :D

Ahhh haha the little devil doodles... long story short I used to do some kinda stick figureish drawings ages ago and didnt sign my name but worked a little devil into the picture. Bringing the character back maybe into some livery or logos for the e30 and related business.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Read all 88 pages of this over the last 2 days at work. So thanks, now I'm behind. This is probably the best build thread on R3V. So much insanely detailed DIY work.
                                91 318is M50 swapped
                                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                                X